Random Silly Grins

5 Likes

It would, but I can’t go into details.

3 Likes

I once asked my dad (who worked at the CIA) if there was anything above Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret.

He said he couldn’t tell me because it was secret.

6 Likes

I always think of
“Do you say the night was humid? Or do you say the night was moist?”

3 Likes

oh man, i love that movie. it’s like the Devito movie that gets overlooked a lot, sort of like “Money Pit” or “Joe vs The Volcano” for Tom Hanks.

1 Like

The night was moist

2 Likes
3 Likes

I offered to make a “World’s Worst” video on FB a coupla weeks ago, and I finally did it this afternoon. Those are prescription sunglasses, btw.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen it since it first came to the theaters. I must admit I don’t remember it very well.

1 Like

Sultwy?
Humid?
damp? dampish? dank? wet? wettish? clammy, dewy, dripping, rainy, drizzly, soggy, muggy, steamy, drizzling, moisture-laden, sticky, sweaty, drippy, irriguous, oozy, saturated, soaking, not dry, soaked, drenched, bathed, sodden, waterlogged, marshy, squelchy, sopping, slimy, miry, mucky, heavy, watery, sloppy, boggy, sweating, swampy, mushy, perspiring, soft, soppy, bedraggled, washed, watered, gooey, doused, awash, soused, dowsed, saturate, logged, fenny, squidgy, water-soaked, close, quaggy, slushy, perspiry, pulpy, squashy, spongy, sopping wet, stifling, squishy, pappy, doughy, pulpous, dripping wet, misty, stuffy, oppressive, wet through, airless, wringing wet, gloopy, sudoriferous, pasty, water-logged, wringing, over-moist, semi-liquid, soft and wet, moistened, dampened, muddy, slippery, glowing, suffocating, soupy, foggy, fuggy, cloudy, sweltering, boiling, hazy, hot, droukit, wringing-wet, slick, chilly, musty, sparkling, covered, warm, unaired, fusty?

3 Likes

oh man, it’s worth a rewatch, then. the bizarre comedic chemistry between Devito and Crystal is great.

3 Likes

Most of those are much worse than “moist.”

4 Likes

"It was the world’s best kiss
And it was utter bliss
Though it was moister than I thought it would be…

…And in my dreams I still can taste it
Slightly yeasty
Oddly musty…"

3 Likes

Poets choose words
That often are terse.
Penning poems bad
And some even verse.

3 Likes

10 Likes
4 Likes

I miss them.

5 Likes

This is hilarious; I found Valerie Harper’s bit to be particularly so, and Kaye Ballard’s is incredible!

3 Likes

wow, i had forgotten they even did these celebrity cameo bits. hilarious!

3 Likes

Oh, every episode that had a Muppet News Flash I believe included the guest star in the MNF. These are from “The Muppet Show”, not "Sesame Street’.

And then there’s this, which has the magnificent Spike Milligan assisting the newsreader (the end bit)!

4 Likes