Free chicken?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Today’s Zoom Topic:

The Face that Stopped a Thousand Clocks: The Daylight Saving Program

Don’t forget to change your clocks!

4 Likes

People still have clocks that matter that don’t change themselves? :wink:

I’m glad to get back in sync with clocks in Europe, it’s always a bit disconcerting when the math changes and I can never remember when to expect it.

It’s always awkward for me because at 2:00 you’re supposed to set your clocks back to 1:00 but then an hour later it’s 2:00 again, and you’re supposed to set your clocks back at 2:00, so…

I make it a point to go to bed after second 1:00 but before second 2:00 so I don’t get stuck in some kind of Groundhog Day time loop.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Some young relatives got a stuffed toy for their daughter that played “I Got You Babe” when you squeezed it.

I pity those parents.

2 Likes
1 Like

(Linked to the article about it :wink: )

5 Likes
1 Like

Tomorrow’s Zoom Topic:

“The Chaotic Chronicles of Zoom: Navigating Virtual Mayhem and Mute Button Mishaps”

Contributed by ChatGPT

4 Likes

This, of course, being C. S. Lewis’ much lesser-known attempt to follow up his earlier success.

You probably don’t want to know about the allegory involved.

3 Likes

Oh, no? Do tell.

*sigh* If you insist. Being about Zoom, the easy path would have been one about something like Dante’s Inferno.

But, the biblical allegory already being done, of course it’s the other obvious one… You know: Sisyphus, Cassandra, Icarus…

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gee, ChatGPT is smart. But thanks–

2 Likes

10 Likes

We already keep chickens, and we have a creek feeding a pond on our vineyard, so we’ve been considering getting some ducks. I will have to get this book! :smiley:

4 Likes

Wisconsin Dells knows how to make them pay.

Ride them!

7 Likes

Right, just don’t go looking for stories about the Branson Ducks, that’s neither silly nor a grin.

2 Likes