Random Silly Grins

*cough*
Finally?

(to point out just two…) (at random, of course, because, well… :wink: )

10 Likes

Sure, but he says on the web site somewhere he doesn’t expect us to get most of the comics.

5 Likes

Although that ratio is probably a bit higher for tech folks, that’s probably still nothing to sniff at, considering the wide range of specialties the comic covers.

(And so, explain xkcd was born…)

3 Likes

That’s basically my point. A lot if people with literature and other arts degrees get into tech – either first as writers/trainers like me, or like an architect I used to work with who had enough tech skills when he started uni to get a job, so he took English because he figured it was his last chance to deep dive on literature, something he really enjoyed.

We used to joke we were the dark matter of the tech universe.

5 Likes
4 Likes

There is a “aww, poor puppy” element in this, but given that they’re all safely being cared for…

https://twitter.com/jdsctt/status/1001607203718156288?s=21

12 Likes

6 Likes

Some days, there’s a little bit of Frank in all of us.

I remember the last time I redirected a snapping turtle out of the middle of the road. I really appreciate how long and flexible their neck muscles are now.

9 Likes

13 Likes

You can’t make this stuff up.

9 Likes

3 Likes
12 Likes

16 Likes

Two things about that diagram.

One: who would ever buy “mushroom” given that it categorically excludes getting eggs, bacon or sausage?

And, given the prices, it seems foolish that anyone would choose any option other than E-B-S, unless the portion sizes are different.

11 Likes

One: You clearly don’t grasp the concept of side orders. :grinning:

Two: I am only the messenger.

13 Likes

v:v⊆{E, B, S}
P = $2.50 + $0.50M iff v = {E}
Otherwise P = $2.50 + $0.50
|v| + $0.50*M

Two reasons:

1. They only have fifty cents
  2. They’re stoned

Maybe the portions are so huge that an egg sandwich is a meal in and of itself, and an egg and sausage sandwich could feed two people. Doubtful, but maybe. Or maybe it’s a tax on picky eaters who don’t like all three of those things :grinning:

9 Likes

Vegan dragged to this place with his non-vegan friends

11 Likes

I just realized that there’s no option for Mushroom Sandwich in the original diagram, just mushrooms. Fifty cents for a spoonful of mushrooms. Surely vegans can eat bread, unless it’s some special kind of buttermilk and/or honey bread.

The system I worked out above suggests $3 for a mushroom sandwich.

5 Likes

Or they want to get stoned? Either they’ll be disappointed or this is a special restaurant.

5 Likes

From the “Oh, God, why?” department:

12 Likes