Random Silly Grins

If you’re talking about Glee, that’s actually about show choir. Show choir has instrumental accompaniment, costumes, choreography, etc although they usually do one seated a capella number to showcase their singing. This is different than a capella, which has no musical accompaniment or costume changes and very limited choreography. Both are different from glee clubs. The term “glee club” has nothing to do with happiness, but rather with an Enlightenment-era British song style called the “glee”. Glees were songs about nature and philosophy sung in three-part male harmony. Proper glee clubs have ceased to exist by the mid 20th century.

Of course, Glee does not explain any of this in any detail, because if you weren’t in show choir, why would you bother watching it, I guess :confused: Seriously, I tried to watch Glee, I really did, but I got bored shitless sometime during the first season.

6 Likes

No there is one specifically about acapella choir that isn’t glee. Think it’s a competition show.

3 Likes

Ah. In that case, I definitely haven’t seen it.

2 Likes

Here’s my second favorite, from Isaac Asimov Laughs Again, supposedly a true story related by his nephew, IIRC:

The pilot accidentally left the public address system when he stretched and turned to the copilot. “You know what I could use right now?” he said, “A cup of coffee and a blow job.”

The cabin fell silent. A stewardess ran towards the cockpit. One of the passengers leaned out and said, “Don’t forget the cup of coffee.”

5 Likes

Yeah me either until we were just all WTF is going on with ALL THESE ACAPELLA GROUPS!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1009410029123002368

11 Likes

His nephew was Matt Damon?

3 Likes
16 Likes

Since Asimov died in '92 and Good Will Hunting was '97…

…sure, we’ll go with it!

6 Likes

Matt Damon is an eternal?

1 Like
4 Likes

One of my FAVORITE books!

1 Like
10 Likes
19 Likes

Please, for the love of Mike, follow that link and watch the video with the volume turned up. I was laughing so hard I got the hiccups.

6 Likes

My daughter gave me a salami for Father’s Day. My granddaughter made a comic strip entitled “The Quest for Salami.” Here is a panel.

Sometimes, I worry.

14 Likes
17 Likes

:scream_cat:

4 Likes

It looks like it was made by Jim Henson.

14 Likes

32%20AM

Son?

17 Likes