Random Silly Grins

I was thinking more Herbert, via Willy Wonka. :wink:

4 Likes

So where do I get gummy maker hooks?

6 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/boringenormous/status/1047571331372539904?s=21

9 Likes

that seems like arguing on line anywhere!

5 Likes

Me: Well, I made an appointment with a rheumatologist.
Wife: Rheumatologist with a view?

:crazy_face:

6 Likes
9 Likes

I would love it if the intact picture was rolled-up and hidden in the frame, while the pre-cut artwork was bein rolled-out.

7 Likes

I hadnā€™t found the video yet, thank you! (Not on Instagram.)

Speaking of videoā€¦ Banksy must have had confederates in Sothebyā€™s. Those were nicely-placed video angles of before and during the shred.

Iā€™d love a sort of heist film ā€“ a longer one, I mean ā€“ of the whole thing. I wonder what the trigger to shred was?

7 Likes

this was brilliant marketing by Banksy. if he wanted to destroy the painting, he wouldā€™ve used a cross-cut blade system. instead, he purposely created a statement and garnered worldwide attention, AND increased the worth of the work by 50% at least. iā€™m also pretty damn certain thereā€™s no way Sothebyā€™s didnā€™t know about the stunt going in. like they would just NOT inspect that painting thoroughly before putting it up for auction, you know?

8 Likes

I donā€™t think that would have the impact this does. Actually destroying the work really gives the finger to the investors who couldnā€™t care less about actual art.

Of course, itā€™s probably ā€œworth moreā€ (investor-speak) now. Maybe he should have put something that would have destroyed it completely, including mechanism and frame. And maybe some of the investors for good luck.

7 Likes

I went here: ā€œhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BomXijJhArX/ā€

2 Likes

There could always be the real deal hidden somewhere, and this was just a copy.

7 Likes

Apparently the trigger was ā€œgoing, going, goneā€¦ sold!ā€. According to what Iā€™ve read in The Age, Guardian, on the (Aus) ABC website. I fuckinā€™ love Banksy!

5 Likes

Bear-adib, we have gum-sign the likes of which even God has never seen.

4 Likes

Legend hasā€¦

An irritated gallery patron once shot a bullet through one of Andy Warholā€™s silk screens of Marilyn Monroe. When Warhol came to inspect the damage, he looked at the bullethole, went to the price of the print, and added another zero to the end.

10 Likes

iā€™ve read enough of warholā€™s diaries to believe this is totally true.

4 Likes

Exactly. He used s very wide cut. Itā€™s onky in about 10 pieces. Very easy to put together.

It was clever as hell!

7 Likes

Not exactly irritiated, not exactly a patronā€¦

4 Likes

No it doesnā€™t!

12 Likes