Random Silly Grins

19 Likes

Never name-drop.
Mick Jagger told me that.

11 Likes

clara-see-what

8 Likes

i used to love that comic, and from what i remember, it the canadianness came up from time to time, particularly in things like Veteran’s remembrances.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Hmm, frame dependent. :thinking:

2 Likes

Since I first read this in Minnesota’s StarTribune, even though I’m close to Canada, still in America.
:canada::+1:

7 Likes

I remember seeing other Canada/US differences from reading it in the Washington Post years ago, but I can’t recall any specifically.

6 Likes

Once I remember FBOW has a big, serious adventure in the great northern expanses, based upon some actual events in the cartoonist’s life. It was quite Canadian.

5 Likes

I remeber the cartoon story ark even featued a Twin Otter.

And that’s more Canadian than a Mountie playing hockey while wearing nothing but a maple leaf. Yeah, I just said that.

7 Likes

Walked past this earlier.

13 Likes
10 Likes

And then there’s the echidna

6 Likes

Stuck in more ways than one, hur, hur.

6 Likes

OK, now that is really weird.

Did you know that off the top of your, uh, head?

5 Likes

All four of them.

See also:

5 Likes
9 Likes

That is an awesome response.

Another way to do it is to have someone circulating and passing the hat after the first three sons or so. It can be effective and profitable for the musicians, but the restaurateur tends not too like it because it distracts people from their dinners (and tells everyone they weren’t willing to pay a fee). Makes the point though.

7 Likes

What gets me is the number of people who tend to come to the defense of the restaurant that wants you to play for free, the bakery that won’t bake an LGBTQ cake, or the gallery that “allows” artists to rent space. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

If passing the hat is needed, perhaps having another kid is not a good idea? :grin:

14 Likes