Random Silly Grins

I’m remembering the movie Heartbeeps, with the futuristic “want a bag of beer?” scene. It looked basically like CapriSun, but beer in open bags is apparently a real thing in China.

13 Likes

6 Likes

that just seems like a good way to spill your beer. maybe it’s an idea that was pushed by the brewers.

6 Likes

Did someone say Alcoholic Capri Sun?

Although I still swear I remember Sun Country Wine Coolers in a similar pouch.

9 Likes

Edit: Just go to this guy’s Twitter page and we can shut down this thread forever.

18 Likes

I love the looks on the women’s faces. Good painters were practically rock stars back in the day.

12 Likes

Or so they would have us believe.

12 Likes

19 Likes

Plural rules.

One guy called Gus:    Gus

Two or more:   Gi

One bus full of guys called Gus:   bus of Gi

Two or more:   bi of Gi

14 Likes

Plurals are so confusing.

die - dice
mie - mice
or
mouse - mice
douse - dice

goose - geese
moose - meese

10 Likes

One Kleenex
Two Kleenices

A swarm of Rolices:

12 Likes

And, of course, since english needs to be totally confusing, you have mouse = meeses.

9 Likes
6 Likes

I’m not kidding - he reminds me of Shecky Greene at (I guess) the same age, LOL! If I lived in GA, I’d be there like Sherman on Atlanta!

(BAD YANKEE METAPHOR, but couldn’t resist because it expresses the rate of speed at which I would adopt a cat from them.)

4 Likes

Led with a calico; good choice.

4 Likes

Is that a jewelry store counter, or your dresser drawer? :thinking:

I first heard that from the Inside Shelley Berman comedy album as a kid.

3 Likes

So many sly references, from the “air dancer” to Sara McLachlan. These are great!

2 Likes

My parents went on a walking tour of… Luxembourg, I think it was? where they had had artists decorate different copies of the same cow statue, and they were scattered all over the city.

The tour guide had asked everyone where they were from before the tour kicked off, and when she pointed out the cows, she noted it was part of a global art thing Toronto was also taking part in, except Toronto used mice instead of cows.

“Ah, no, sorry,” my mum said, “Toronto has moose statues instead of cows.”

“But there’s more than one mouse, right?” said the guide.

It’s difficult to explain moose to someone who has never seen a picture of one, but I think my parents said they went with “kind of like deer, but bigger”. Which didn’t seem to clear things up at all, but hey.

13 Likes

If it were my dresser drawer, all the Rolices would show the same time. :grin:

“Good writers borrow, great writers steal.” (I borrowed that from T.S. Eliot.)

6 Likes

I wonder if this was printed in the States or was FBofW’s Canadianness surpressed?

5 Likes