Random Silly Grins

15 Likes

Admittedly this makes more sense if you’ve seen the movie…

6 Likes
19 Likes

Alternately:

15 Likes

5 Likes

My suspicion: the actual thought process was something more like:

“We need to decorate for Christmas.”

“Meaning?”

“Usually it means fir trees, and lots of red and green.”

“Red! and green… no. Green is too environmental, too climate change-y. And too close to blue. No Blue Wave stuff.”

“So… just red?”

“Just red! A Red Wave!”

16 Likes

this is so simple and awful, i’m now convinced it’s how it played out.

10 Likes

Perhaps not a full grin, but definitely smile-worthy:

https://themindcircle.com/street-art-tom-bob-new-york/

8 Likes

Yeah, a red wave would end in a river of blood.

6 Likes

Those are fabulous!

5 Likes

My phone’s AccuWeather app haz a major confuze:

Current temp is only about 20 degrees higher than the actual temperature. The next three days are slated to be pretty wild. Or apocalyptic, with bonus time travel.

17 Likes

Wow. I guess Wed-Fri are going to be so hot that they melted right off of the calendar.

9 Likes

I particularly love that the sunny day will be much cooler than the partly cloudy days.

8 Likes

That’s how it works in the winter (at least in Canada): the sun reflects right off of the snow on the ground, meaning that having the sun in the sky doesn’t heat things up much, whereas if warmer air blows in from elsewhere (lower-case e), the cloud cover can help retain the heat. So, the most bitterly cold days of the winter are almost always under a clear sky.

8 Likes

I don’t want to know what summer means to you, if 104F reminds you of a winter day.

:wink:

7 Likes

It’s not properly summer until the air temperature reaches 212F.

8 Likes

I’m dying to see the symbol for a Carrington event.

6 Likes

My fear is that it would need to be something like this, or at least made in this fashion.

5 Likes

loving it.
the temptation to bite his ideas is strong.
when I was a kid in Ann Arbor, across from the Fleetwood Diner there was just the white part of Mickey Mouse’s face painted on the sidewalk and if you caught it at the right time of day the shadow of a double parking meter would make his ears. I so loved it.
I was into reflections and using long shutterspeeds to tag walls with light (my prof tried to put it to me gently that Picasso came up with that technique 70 years prior)
I did do a Hello Kitty for my homie Mel’s birthday once.

i was just starting to get nice with cans. the character and letter fill-in is kinda wack but the 3D came out nice.

8 Likes

What do you call a place where you can feed the ducks?

A bread and beak fest.

11 Likes