Reassuring Brexit News

Weetabrexit?

5 Likes

Had to look it up to realize that all those MPs aren’t Military Police, but Members of Parliament, which makes more sense and sounds a little less like a coup.

9 Likes

an essay based on an extended “Mornington Crescent” metaphor.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Is he gonna try and make his horse a leader in government?

@nimelennar:
Weetabix = Breakfastexit.

7 Likes

Now it just sounds like you guys are going through characters in Asterix.

9 Likes

Wait…I thought that was French or Belgian?

4 Likes

The most important meal of the day (unless they shut the kitchen down for several weeks).

6 Likes

They had the gaul to go to Briton too…

220px-Asterix_Britain

(And Asterix’s cousin from Britain, Anticlimax, is something we could only wish would come out of this whole thing…)

10 Likes

And with waffles, for sure!

4 Likes
13 Likes
1 Like

Well, there is talk of amending the Fixed Terms Parliament Act to (temporarily) not require a two-thirds majority…

4 Likes

I guess everybody in the Netherlands reads English now

I’m sure this article is mostly hyperbole but I can believe that Netherlanders value other things more than their local dialect. I mean, Dutch and English are pretty similar already. Dutch and German are even closer, but having to speak German is probably the very thing they’re trying to avoid.

6 Likes

Dutch itself, like English, is a mix of other languages.

So it goes, I guess, which is what my Dutch relatives would say.

As for speaking German, people in the eastern end of the Netherlands can already make themselves understood – I’ve heard my mum do it. You can hear she’s not speaking German as such, but the Germans can understand her well enough for a basic conversation.

5 Likes

In a twist that absolutely no one saw coming:

9 Likes

1 Like

Man on the right: “oh my god, what is he doing to my musical instrument?”
Everyone else: “oh my god, what is he doing to that thing that’s sometimes called a musical instrument?”

4 Likes

Filling it with hot air, obviously.

IMHO bagpipes are one of those instruments which just don’t record well. Played live they’re very stirring (with the caveat for all musical instruments that the musician is at least halfway competent). Recorded you lose that low-frequency drone.

7 Likes

Oh, so that’s what they needed to do to get rid of Boris?

:smiley:

5 Likes