Reassuring Brexit News

It’s a bag of hot air connected to a bag of hot air. Both makes squealing noises when you squeeze them.

4 Likes
6 Likes

I can feel my phone speaker vibrating playing that.

3 Likes

It occurs to me that most of the recorded bagpipe music I listen to is dubstep or hard rock with bagpipes, so I don’t know how much of the drone is edited/augmented in the videos. But there is a big difference between a field recording vs. a produced recording vs. actually being there.

3 Likes

Peter Schickele once observed:

Four Bassoons!: The way I figure it, that’s about Twenty Feet of unignorable musical instrument.

Music for an Awful Lot of Winds and Percussion

That’s the essence of the drone.

8 Likes

TLDR: Scotland’s highest court says the suspension is bad; England’s says it’s fine; the UK’s Supreme Court is going to have to rule on it.

ETA a better article on the same thing, by an author who comprehends the difference between “ascent” and “assent”:

8 Likes

Boris’ yellow hammer.

8 Likes

One fun bit… the leaked version called this the “base case”. The published version calls it a “worst-case scenario”. The bots are working overtime to claim that anyone who doesn’t use the new wording is a liar. Plus, Johnson’s been claiming it was leaked by former ministers, when the date on it turns out to be after he took power…

8 Likes
6 Likes

Mr Cameron said the result in 2016 had left him “hugely depressed” and he knew “some people will never forgive me”.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Wish the Canadian Supreme Court had stood up to Harper this way.

8 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

That’s not Troubling at all.

8 Likes

peep-show-hans-bullshit

6 Likes

It is. It’s like no Brexiteer really thought about what Brexiting actually means. They got as far as “Fuck Turkey! Fuck Greece!” and never thought about how it might fuck over themselves.

9 Likes

Someday the English will do something that isn’t designed to fuck over the Irish, and 10% of the population will die from the shock.

13 Likes

If I was being charitable, I’d say they wanted England out of the EU, and they did’t really care about the provinces, and they hadn’t thought about the Troubles in thirty years, and surely those people in Northern Ireland would do whatever they were told

But really I think they just forgot the Republic of Ireland was a separate country at all

8 Likes
7 Likes