"Know your own happiness. Want for nothing but patience - or give it a more fascinating name: Call it hope.”
– Jane Clawsten, Scents and Sentimentality
Turn Deadline: Sat, May 26 @ 2am EDT
The dreaded Space Eagles of New Prussia have dropped all pretense of collaboration and chosen a military solution to the Weatherby problem.
Meanwhile, one might expect the following:
Turn 11 blight progress: Average chance for any existing whipweed holding to recover.
Turn 11 special risk: Good chance of interference from the mysterious adversary, should you have one.
Depending on your choice, you may or may not continue to make progress on your Final Challenge and that progress will once again absorb all remaining income. Funding of final challenges at less than 50% of current income will result in a more difficult challenge this season.
Current status of Weatherby: Without orbital bombardment, the defensive improvements will likely hold against the two regiments of New Prussian Cuirassiers for 2-4 months. Relief from Britannia Prime is at least three months away in a best case scenario. With orbital bombardment, the city will likely hold for a month - two at the very best.
The Leviathans have done excellent work in all categories - particularly RANK, which has seen a redirection of effort to much needed areas at the urging of those involved.
Given the broadcast from Admiral Pandora, the current situation looks bleak. For the five players not called up to military service (@nimelennar, @wisconsin_platt, @Donald_Petersen, @David_Falkayn, @mrmonkey) the following options are available to you:
Option 1 - Remain in Weatherby: Stay put in the city and hope that all of this will blow over.
- Receive another three attempts toward your Final Challenge and keep all your holdings.
In the event the city comes under attack by orbital bombardment, each member of your family individually has:
- a Good chance of being severely injured
- a Fair chance of being killed outright.
Option 2 - Seek offworld passage to Britannia Prime: Liquidate your holdings and use the proceeds to start anew by returning to Britannia Prime. You’ll keep your current purse and receive your current income in additional funds. You’ll need at least 500£ to secure offworld transport - one can attempt it with less, but with a risk of failure proportional to the shortfall. You will retain your current True Citizen standing on Britannia Prime and attempt to start over upon arrival.
- En route, you will have two chances to progress your Final Challenge at increased difficulty.
Risks: You will have:
- an Outside chance of being cheated of the 500£ and left on Weatherby.
- an Outside chance of being intercepted by New Prussia and taken prisoner.
Option 3 - Retreat to your country estate: By retreating to the countryside, you’ll have an opportunity to wait out the conflict in relative safety and focus on your Final Challenge.
- You will have two chances to progress your Final Challenge at regular difficulty.
- an Outside chance of being taken prisoner by New Prussian patrols.
Option 4 - Welcome the arrival of New Prussia: The proposal that Admiral Pandora has made is entirely reasonable in the larger picture. What has Britannia Prime done for you lately after all?
- You will have three chances to progress your Final Challenge at regular difficulty.
- If more players choose Option 4 than choose Option 1, you will also receive the following:
– All current Citizen Pretenders in your household will be promoted to True Citizens
– You will receive additional holdings that will double the income of your family estate.
- If more players choose Option 1 than choose Option 4, there is an Average chance of a trial that will result in a Catastrophic rank penalty.
Option 5 - Other!: Send me a PM detailing your plans and I will respond with a risk-reward profile. You will then have the option of committing to your custom option or selecting one of the previous options.
Commissions are no longer available for purchase. At this time, no general draft has been levied.
Due to the blockade, all moving services and rental prospects are temporarily on hold.