RIP. We'll miss you

9 Likes
9 Likes

Oh no!

And he was also father to Charmaine Neville.

Charles’ Grammy winning saxophone right here for you.

8 Likes

For anyone not familiar with British politics, anyone who becomes speaker automatically leaves their party and becomes an independent, and usually the major parties do not run candidates against them in general elections. They are supposed to use speaker Denison’s rule when they have to vote because of a tie, but are not required to by law.

Michael Martin was not the best speaker Britain has had, but he at least deserves to be remembered for being the first Catholic in the role for over 400 years.

7 Likes

We were on our way to San Francisco yesterday morning to meet with friends to plan our Burning Man camp for this year when this news came across my twitter feed. without Larry, we wouldn’t know any of the people who we now count among our best friends. RIP, and thank you, Larry.

https://journal.burningman.org/2018/04/news/official-announcements/larry-harvey-passes/

9 Likes

I’d read both of the Apocalypse Culture books, but never realized he was behind Amok Books as well.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Dorothy Bush Koch’s husband, Robert P. Koch, is not related to the Koch Brothers as far as I am aware.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Damnit.

9 Likes

Yeah. Sounds like it’s related to her mental health, which she has struggled with for a long time. Very sad.

8 Likes

Right you are. Sorry to jump to conclusions.

I grew up in the heart of Koch country, and where I’m from, if you’re a Koch, you’re a Koch. You may as well be a Kennedy or a Rothschild.

3 Likes

I didn’t see that in the article posted. Did you see it elsewhere?

2 Likes

You’re right: I was inferring from the lack of info on cause of death plus the fact that she’s had public issues stemming from being bipolar. Every article/obituary mentions the mental health issues and doesn’t mention cause of death, in a way which seemed to suggest that there might be a link. It could be an accidental overdose due to having too many medications to keep track of, for example.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Not to be mistaken for former England international Ray Wilkins, who died last month.

3 Likes
6 Likes

For those who missed this:

Here’s his second symphony featuring the also recently deceased Z’ev:

2 Likes
6 Likes

i confess to not being familiar with ANY of his work, but this makes me want to read it ALL:

13 Likes