RIP. We'll miss you

I’d say Rest In Peace, but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t want that. Hope you are having fun wherever you are, Dean Ripa, founder of the Cape Fear Serpentarium and spot on Frsnk Sinatra voice double.

http://www.encorepub.com/live-local-live-small-in-memoriam-of-dean-ripa/

5 Likes

Not that anyone here would know about her, but it’s a local loss and a lovely obituary to read:

8 Likes

I’m actually seriously surprised that I don’t know about her.

Still, she seemed like a lovely person.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Just came here to post as well.

6 Likes

As I recall she lost control of her name for her brand ? Don’t follow her so much but sad she committed suicide. I have a couple of her handbags. Cute. She was talented.

8 Likes

The brand got sold, and she renamed herself to create a new brand.

8 Likes

Designer Kate Spade hanged herself with a scarf in the bedroom of her Upper East Side home Tuesday — and left a note telling her daughter it wasn’t her fault, police sources said.

Oh woah, that is irony - it’s just awful.

6 Likes

last surviving member of the Lollypop Guild!
:frowning_face: :lollipop:

11 Likes

Ninety-Eight. That’s some mighty wizardly magic there.

8 Likes

Anthony Bourdain.

Fuck.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Damn it. His show was the one bright spot to having CNN.

6 Likes

Anthony Bourdain is gone, but Henry Kissinger is still here. The world isn’t fucking fair (I knew that, but fucking hell, man.)

18 Likes

Another suicide too, that’s rough. I used to follow his work pretty closely since his taste in food was so similar to mine and I learned a lot about new foods to seek out from it.

7 Likes

It was one of the few shows on TV actively teaching Americans to not be afraid of other cultures.

10 Likes

Jesus fucking christ motherfucker I’m really angry about this. Too many suicides lately plus I’ve been home like an hour from Africa (via Perth) and I’m frothing at the mouth furious about his death. A couple of his shows added to my pre-Africa research/education and I’m sad for his young daughter and that his best friend found him and fuck me if this turns out to be a Michael Hutchence-style auto-erotic asphyxiation I’m gonna be even more fucked off. I repeat: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MOTHERFUCKER FUCKING FUCK.

10 Likes

Don’t forget the Orange Baboon cutting funding for mental health services in the US!

8 Likes

Is that the word on the street, auto-erotic?

3 Likes

I havent heard anything, so if there’s no rumor, lets not try to start one…

1 Like