RIP. We'll miss you

That could actually be a precipitating factor. We’re pretty certain it was for my uncle and then aunt, who fell like dominoes when my dad died. My uncle, the baby of the family and without any acute medical issue at the time, died a mere 10 days later. The shock of losing someone you’ve been that close to is sometimes enough.

10 Likes

Happened to my grandmother too. She died soon after my grandfather died, who was 20 years older. She had cancer but held on to be with him.

9 Likes

My family’s life long friend Howard Cruse has died. He pioneered gay comic art and mentored Alison Bechdel. I knew him since I was 2 years old.

11 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

He just killed in Do The Right Thing. What a great natural actor he was.

6 Likes

Does anyone remember Dellaventura?

At the end of each episode he would turn to the camera and say, “If you need me, I’ll be around,” and then he would walk into the shadows of Little Italy.

3 Likes
3 Likes

He was GREAT in “Harlem Nights” with Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor. And wasn’t he Madonna’s dad in the “Papa Don’t Preach” video?

5 Likes

Indeed he was…

8 Likes

What an obit.

What a life.

9 Likes

According to sources on Twitter, the deceased man’s brother wrote the obit. I googled him; assuming I found the right person in North Dakota, the brother is a retired lawyer (pretty sure I’m right because the writing style in the LinkedIn profile matches the obit).

I do hope someone encourages him to spend at least part of his retirement writing. He’s got that educated clarity I admire – a style largely missing from public discourse these days.

9 Likes

She sounds like an interesting person who lived a lot of life, why they mention “Friends” in the headline is beyond me.

Unless I am mistaken, those are Zel caricatures from the Brown Derby behind her.

6 Likes

RIP Vaughn Oliver, who was almost singlehandedly the reason i became a graphic designer. i am crushed.

3 Likes

Just looked on Google images — amazing covers but a little disturbing.

1 Like

yes, he was very good at working that edge – erotic, disturbing, or just mysterious. he was all over it. i’m sure he did covers you have seen.

1 Like
6 Likes

He made the future look desirable and believable.

3 Likes

It’s been a bad day.

6 Likes
8 Likes