RIP. We'll miss you

One of the greats, and one of my favorites. With whom will Stephen King collaborate now?

5 Likes

I could’ve put this in the other RIP thread

but she reminds me of my own late mum
appearance-wise, at least.

Trump is gonna be so pissed off that he won’t be in the headlines for a while.

Addendum: I feel badly for the great-grandchildren, as they won’t get to know her. I didn’t get to know any of my grandparents very well, what with my parents being old enough to be grandparents, and it sucks.

Also from the lady herself: “Grief is the price we pay for love.”

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

I have an LP of his on the Diplomat label in my garage, no cover; I’ll have to see if it plays.

3 Likes
1 Like

At Tulane in the late 80s, there was this very particular look worn by Jewish girls from NY and NJ - a huge inside out sweatshirt - almost a dress - leggings, white high-top Roeboks, scrunch socks, and then a huge mess of curly hair with the top section in a scrunchie. It was such a specific look. Every day I saw dozens of girls in this uniform. I miss it now. It was fun and looked so comfy.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, he finally made nice?

2 Likes
5 Likes

“Somebody should’ve stopped me from making that statement.” - Way to take responsibility.

Yeah, he admitted it. I hope his family is going to be well taken-care-of.

1 Like

I mean, he’s still saying it was his call to make and he made the wrong call.

I can understand also being upset that the people you trusted to tell you when you were being stupid failed to do so. Multiple people had to have thought about it and said “yep, sounds good, this is how we should handle it” before it went out to the press.

4 Likes

The lead actresses that lived to see “Valley of the Dolls” (1967) become a cult classic didn’t all embrace the film until much later, particularly Patty Duke. Lee Grant didn’t either, but I think she picked up on it sooner, and Barbara Parkins was always on-board with the campiness of the flick.

Neither Ms. Duke or Ms. Grant of them ever mentioned, on the record (that I know of), their management telling them they shouldn’t make disparaging remarks about the film. But they did come out and say, yeah okay, might as well embrace it. And that takes personal growth, in any case; the same growth brings about personal responsibility, IMNSHO.

I took it as he had a lot of issues with his management team and that this was one problem that he realized later on was some bad advice. It’s pretty common for musicians to end up with crap management.

3 Likes

How in the fuck she could support #45, I don’t know. I mean, she gave money to the GOP
and this only encourages other “working women” as she called them, to support him as well.

This is almost as bad, to me, as finding out that Bill Cosby was a serial rapist. People listen to people like her. “Gee, if Miss Loretta Lynn says Trump’s okay, he must be!”

6 Likes
6 Likes

More cancer death.

4 Likes

Saw her live. She was super funny.
No one is seems to be talking much about Loretta Lynn dying and I love her. She was iconic and her songs were everywhere on the radio in my childhood. I am mad there isn’t more on social media sharing her songs and anecdotes about her.

3 Likes

It was all over my newsfeed on FB.

1 Like