So who did we elect this year?

The state’s top Democrat, Gov. Tom Wolf, called the Senate’s refusal to seat Brewster, whose reelection was certified by the state, “simply unethical and undemocratic.”

republican bywords.

5 Likes
4 Likes

grin

8 Likes

This is from a couple weeks ago, 12/23/20, to be exact:
:‘This Must Stop’: Detroit Launches Sanctions Campaign Against ‘Kraken’ Lawyers

4 Likes

Fink has already made public a motion he intends to file on Jan. 5 (the city must give the “Kraken” team a three-week window during which they can opt to withdraw offending litigation)

It’s actually been filed now. :wink:

6 Likes

Aaron Ford, our state’s Secretary of State, weighed in:

5 Likes

So Warnock has pulled ahead again in Georgia. Ossoff still slightly behind.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Spoiler: WARNOCK WON!!!

2 Likes

Thank you, @mindysan33, minisan33, et. al. for not giving up, no matter how many times people tried to write you and yours off.

It’s not over 'till it’s over, and there’s still fools like Manchin who are willing to play stupid games for stupid prizes, but nonetheless, a message has been sent.

12 Likes
5 Likes

Okay, so one door closed and it took four or so years for another one to open up.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the idiocy of the Grumpy Oligarchic Pissants-worshippers (they aren’t all “old”) continues in Michigan (side: no violence at the MI Capitol, but 700-800 “protesters”):

3 Likes

And Congress has gone to recess. Fucking travesty that Nancy Pelosi was re-elected speaker. Her first act? To cut off Ilhan Omar and the brand-new Rep. Cori Bush at the knees as they try to respond legislatively to this crisis. If Democrats would have attacked the capitol like this and Republicans had the House, they’d have announced a new commission to investigate (à la Benghazi commission) last night.

7 Likes

Power doesn’t care about gender or what side of the aisle one sits within. There should be a mandatory retirement age for public servants, just like there is for the rest of us.

I used admire Pelosi - but this bit of news has just cracked that to pieces. I HATE women who hang onto their power without helping other women up - it’s SO Nancy Reagan; “Hey, I got mine and no one helped ME - so fuck you!”

5 Likes

Yeah. I do still have a lot of admiration for Pelosi, and what she’s accomplished. But it’s clear she, Schumer, Feinstein, etc are all holding on to a vision of the world that doesn’t exist anymore. That’s not necessarily age - Markey isn’t doing that. (Edit: Warren isn’t doing that.) It’s age + money.

7 Likes

From 2014:

It’s a whole song!

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Hang the fucking bastard!

4 Likes