Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

As I’ve told many people, I don’t even care if it’s warm dog poop on a summer afternoon. It’s that there’s actually something going on up there. Anything is better than the olfactory equivalent of constant color gray.

13 Likes

Those of us who have been there, totally understand.

No one would question someone who said they could only see black and white. It would be obvious that there was a serious problem.

(Have I considered replying to other people in the discussion, too? Why yes, Discourse, I’m happy to do so at some point in the future, but TODAY I’m responding to @knoxblox. Deal with it.)

12 Likes

I can only see blue and yellow, and I still get questioned about it

11 Likes

Seriously? What is wrong with people?

As an aside, at a meeting I had recently (where I was, as usual, one of only two women in the room), there was a series of charts keeping track of two variables using red and green as the line shadings. I actually turned to the man sitting next to me and asked him if he could see the lines. He knew exactly what I meant and said “I’m not colorblind”. But with that many people at the meeting, I know there had to be at least a couple who wouldn’t have been able to make out the charts at all.

10 Likes

No one really lives in South Dakota, though.

8 Likes

What about Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln?

7 Likes

If I had to live in South Dakota I’d be stoned too

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re not living in South Dakota or elsewhere, Borglums’ Folly not withstanding.

7 Likes

the Lakota people on the Rosebud Reservation would like a word with you. :wink:

13 Likes

Of course, one could argue that technically they don’t…they live on sovereign land!

11 Likes

well, their official site says “South Dakota,” but yeah, you have a point there.

12 Likes

So the packed and partisan Supreme Court just did what the TGOP and Mitch fucking McConnel wanted them to do.

time for another revolution methinks.

12 Likes

Congress could change its rules to not seat any candidate from a state with any district that has a perimeter to area ratio over a certain value.

8 Likes

I’d go a step further and ban concave polygons

8 Likes

but it would need to get past Traitor Mcconnell

7 Likes

Just like everything else?

7 Likes

That’s a good one.

And of course none of this would be necessary if we had “proportional representation” and just allocated seats by vote percentage. Candidates who got the most votes, total, could get dibs on their districts’ seats, but no party would get more than its share.

There would be some edge cases to worry about if not every party ran candidates in every district, but it’s not an insoluble problem.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Dead. All dead.

6 Likes

You mean that one rock group with the four guys, none of whom sing?

8 Likes