Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

Anonymity, the protection of a 3000-pound hunk of metal, and…

A preening, posturing alpha-male shithead, I’ll bet.

9 Likes

Same thing happens in “nice” Minnesota.

Meet an average Minnesotan face-to-face, and they will be blandly polite. But put them in a car and you will see how not-nice they can be.

10 Likes

I just arrived home to find that someone has stolen my iron lawn chairs from off my front porch… but they left the table behind.

:angry:

18 Likes

Would you prefer they took the table and left the chairs?

Seriously though, I’m sorry that happened to you.

8 Likes

I’d prefer if they hadn’t been punk-ass thieving bastards at all, and had just left my shit alone.

15 Likes

Someone once stole my parking change out of my car. Which, okay, if you’re desperate, it doesn’t make me happy, but I can somewhat sympathise. The part that pissed me off was that they also stole the ashtray and left me with a hole in the dash.

People will steal the strangest of things. You have my sympathies.

13 Likes

Let’s hope, with winter temperatures coming on, they freeze their butts off in a waffle pattern.

11 Likes

That happened when my apartment was robbed when I was living in the Caribbean; they took my rinky dink camera, my tazer (which I’d never even gotten to use) the cheap jewelry from my jewelry box, and the change out of my change dish.

I didn’t have a tv back then, and there was no real money in the unit, as I had it on me; it was like being robbed by a fuck-tarded crackhead.

O_o

12 Likes

Such a frustrating image.

8 Likes

It was a gift from one of my nerd buddies on the island who likes giving his female friends weapons for self defense. He also once gave me a cool kubaton (which got lost years ago.)

9 Likes

i once had someone steal one of a pair of potted plants off our porch. mind you, they have to go through a gate (3’ fence, not a big fence, but still), and across the yard and up 6 steps to get to where the plant was on one side of our front door.

well, even though i was shocked by how brazen it was, i decided i would not live in fear about it, and i left the other one, its mate, on our porch. sure enough, a week later they came back and got THAT one, too. bastards!

17 Likes

Once I got home late from work an interrupted a theif in the act of rummaging through my 6th-floor apartment. They must have fled out the window when they heard my key in the lock. I soon discovered they opened everything, but I nothing seemed like it was missing. And then in the spring I discovered they had stollen my beloved Ray-Bans.

13 Likes

i really hate when the cost of shipping something is more than the thing itself. $5.00 item, $10.50 shipping via USPS? what the fuck.

13 Likes

I bet that one was a teenager dare…

4 Likes

I bought a new cartridge to try to replace an old broken sink cardtridge. I tried to install it. I followed the instructions, such as they were. It got stuck partway in and partway out. I had to remove it, and found that one of the rubber fittings had broken. I have a matching fitting from the old cartrdige, so if I don’t have another break that’s alright. But I have to broken sets of fittings in the faucet… Apparently this is a known issue with Moen.

Customer support wants photos of everything, so I need to wait until I can buy a camera.

4 Likes

I haven’t managed to remove every bit of rubber, but have removed enough to restore reasonable water flow, and insert the cartridge. Still several hours of extra work.

4 Likes

Christmas lists that ask for clothing without providing sizing information.

11 Likes

Ponchos are clothing and one size fits most.

11 Likes

and muumuus!

9 Likes

Hip waders?

5 Likes