😎 🏝 Name This Site - ROUND 4 Voting Open 🎉💥

elsewhere.community looks weird, but I like it.

elsewhere.ninja is interesting, but… why? I don’t like it.

elsewhere.rocks is good with me, as is elsewhere.zone

3 Likes

To me, elsewhere.cafe is it. We had discussed it before and it just has a great “restaurant at the end of the universe” vibe to it.

14 Likes

Some people may come for suicidal cattle and be disappointed.

8 Likes

NYT editors are already worried about the competition.

3 Likes

Wow, seriously, this administration is SURREAL. What the hell??? Not even a pretense of integrity from any of them. And all these people cheering these fuckers on??? It’s ugly and painful.

1 Like
  • elsewhere.cafe: $29.95
  • elsewhere.community: $29.95
  • elsewhere.ninja: $18.95
  • elsewhere.rocks: $12.95
  • elsewhere.zone: $29.95

Pre-buying all of those would cost $121.75, which would probably get me into some trouble with the missus.

6 Likes

That’s next door at Millways, this is the cafe. The espresso bar at the edge of the parking lot of the restaurant, if you will.

.cafe
.one
.community

in that order.

5 Likes

Yeah, I think we’ll have to vote on the .tlds, to at least narrow it down to a manageable amount. I like elsewhere.cafe and elsewhere.one, though .community and .zone are good too.

5 Likes

ooh ooh, and .zone, quite right! That is awesome too!

4 Likes

I feel like we have several options so if we wait a bit, maybe one goes but we have the others. We can just roll the dice and hope no one snatches up these domains.

5 Likes

Didn’t it come up in one of the other rounds that searching for a domain could alert some squatter to pounce on it?

3 Likes

depends on which tool you use to look.

4 Likes

Here’s the link in the first round thread

and @messana’s explanation

My understanding of the whole process is essentially zero, but I’ve avoided looking up any domains since.

2 Likes

With the less shady ISPs and an HTTPS connection this doesn’t seem to be a problem.

2 Likes

When there are this many good options and this many voters, we can agree to literally roll some dice when we get to 10 options or less.

3 Likes

Elsewhere.cafe? All those opposed say “nay”.

It’s unanimous, then?

9 Likes

Seconded

5 Likes

Carried?

7 Likes

bookmarked

7 Likes

let’s do the damn thang

10 Likes