šŸ˜Ž šŸ Name This Site - ROUND 4 Voting Open šŸŽ‰šŸ’„

In @waethermanā€™s absence, we shall soldier on.

First, a quick re-cap:

Round 1 (despite the title)

Round 2:

Round 3:

This is round four, and itā€™s fitting that we have four names remaining:

• Elsewhere, with 50% of the vote.
  • Commentariat, with 30%.
  • MutantUnderground, with 28%
  • Adhocracy, with 25%

Please keep in mind that in the previous poll, you were allowed to choose two. This time, you have but only one vote to give, although weā€™ll still have one more round with the final two, and then a round to choose a TLD to go with the final choice. Weā€™ll run this poll for two weeks, or until everyone has voted, whichever comes last first.

Hereā€™s the poll:

• Elsewhere
  • Commentariat
  • MutantUnderground
  • Adhocracy

0 voters

3 Likes

Iā€™m sticking with Adhocracy but Iā€™m mainly at the point where I want to get this settled.

Do we really need another round with the final two? Iā€™d prefer to take this as the final round, especially if thereā€™s a clear winner, and then a quick vote on TLDs.

6 Likes

Well, if (the collective) you would finally pick the right name, then we could get on with it. :wink:

Seriously though, if there is a clear enough winner, Iā€™d be OK with skipping the final naming round and moving on to the TLD round. Iā€™m open for discussion either way, but Iā€™m reluctant to put it to a vote.

14 Likes

clear winner=it ends now, IMO

10 Likes

Then we get to figure out the TLD!!!

:rofl:

7 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think ā€œarewethereyetā€ is the right name for this place!

22 Likes

That sounds awfully goodā€¦ :rofl:

8 Likes

Wow, arewethereyet works on so many levels! I think we should restart the whole voting process so that we can include it. Perhaps we could form a subcommittee or five to make sure the voting goes smoothlyā€¦?

18 Likes

Ooo! And a pre-planning committee to draft the guidelines for the naming election committee to-

Awwwww

13 Likes

ā€¦which makes The Other Place ā€œif you donā€™t quit yer bellyachinā€™, Iā€™m gonna turn this blog around and go home!ā€

12 Likes

Can I change my vote to this? :wink:

7 Likes

All I hear is the whisperings of sweet nothings into my ear. :two_hearts: :rofl:

7 Likes

Back to:

We go! :grin:

9 Likes

As of today, 51 voters. How many registered users on the site now?

3 Likes

According to https://bbs.elsewhere.cafe/about, 139 total users.
(And 90 active in the last seven days - which isnā€™t what youā€™re asking, but is a useful indicator.)

4 Likes

And of course @LockeCJ posted some useful stats here:

https://bbs.elsewhere.cafe/t/user-base-growth/526/38

ā€¦that suggest that of the 138 users, we can expect 65 to 74 to be active (and thus see this poll) each day. It looks likely that that 90 above is close to the value for the ā€˜regular poolā€™ that those 65-74 appear from (Iā€™m using the 7 day, 30 day takes it to 108).

(TLDR: We got 138 users, but from the data culled above, I believe that 90 (or so) is the reasonable maximum number we can expect to see this vote, so while 79%-68% of our daily turnover have voted (which is good), 51/90 is the inclusive ratio to measure against: 61% of our 90 ā€˜reasonable maximumā€™ users have voted. Please do check my arithmetic and assumptions.)

[Edit for honesty: if we used the 30 day max, instead of the 7 day one, the voting percentage is (currently) 47%. Iā€™d be happier with not waiting until we get a ā€˜30 day averageā€™ of votes, though.]

7 Likes

ā€¦aaaand Iā€™m going to stop running figures, and wait for someone else to check my assumptions. :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe letā€™s run this for a specific amount of time - say a week, then close voting?

4 Likes

Poll ends 2017-07-31. (@Enkita :stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes