What's in a name?

Turns out our current domain might not be a keeper, longterm, anyway. So here’s a thread to throw around some ideas for names.

Imported from the What IS this place? thread;[quote=“tinoesroho, post:20, topic:33, full:true”]
One person suggested Joyful Inhumans (take that, Marvel!). Maybe metahumans?
[/quote]

Edit from @ChickieD - The Wiki for this topic is here: What's in a name? Anyone can edit this topic. Choose the three dots at the bottom of the post and choose the Pencil icon to edit.

4 Likes

bingbing.nut?

Los Ninos de Los Banditos Mutantes

7 Likes

Wonderful Things
?

haha

6 Likes

I like this kind of thing, but it needs to be weird enough that the domain will actually be available.

Maybe something like Carnaval Noir? Carnival is sympathetic to diversity of subject matter.

4 Likes

@KeisterButton: with your MuchasMutantes were you alluding to the latin phrase mutatis mutandis? I was toying with something like that…

@Haystack: true, but these days there are so many TLD options that as long as it’s not something that somebody else is actually using the .com of, its possible to still find a good name with a .co or .space or something.

7 Likes

No, but looking at the latin phrase that’s very clever! Also weird enough to perhaps not already be taken: reaccommutated.

7 Likes

I always liked Cory’s idea of an adhocracy, which is kind of how it feels like this board has come abount, so that’s my contribution

The Adhocracy

22 Likes

The Roach Coach

Because we are like the roaches, survivors.

10 Likes

Hieroglyphics.

(inspires curiosity)

6 Likes

In my college days, we experimented with a randomocracy; every week (unless a special election was called) there would be a coin toss to decide who was the president of the apartment. Suffice to say that when people say “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others” they are particularly right about randomocracies.

Personally I like the holacracy model;

8 Likes

how about caligari’s castoffs?

5 Likes

Boingtown Rats

Wanderful Things

9 Likes

I definitely like “Caligari” as a domain name.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Jackhammer Jim!

(original post for context)

7 Likes

To get the word out we should announce that we’ve abducted Jackhammer Jill and are holding her for ransom.

10 Likes

ETA: of course i open up too many tabs and can’t even keep my threads straight. HI I LIKE YOU PEOPLE AND AM HAPPY TO BE HERE.

Name suggestions:

St. Elsewhere (too raw? it is our origin story, after all)
Regulartown
Loungelandia

So far I’m fond of ‘Pandora’ - has both the ‘new world’ and ‘box of problems’ double meaning.

15 Likes

I’m loving

Speakeasy

:fireworks::cocktail::boom:

so I’m making it real big and sexy

20 Likes

I’m sort of leaning towards more generic words - in the spirit of Plastic and Suck. Not that there are any common words left as domain names, but maybe there’s some variations we can find with a .ly or .it or .co or .de extension…

6 Likes

suckyco.de
mutantco.de
generi.co
actlive.ly

4 Likes

Interesting domain name endings to toy with

.cafe
.camp
.care
.cc
.chat