Name This Site - ROUND 3 Voting Open

My apologies for my prolonged absence in the midst of this important project. I could go on with excuses, but that would be a waste of pixels. Suffice to say I’m back, and I’m committed to moving this all forward.

So, with that said, after much gnashing of teeth, I’ve decided to cut the list to 8 names from the 16 that were in the previous round. Why 8? Because it’s one byte, and one byte can’t hurt you. Because of the Law of Fives (8=5+3, 5x3=15, 15=1x5). Because nine is too many, and seven can’t be trusted (remember, seven ate nine). Because 发.

So here are the eight semi-finalists, of which you can pick your first and second choice;[poll type=multiple min=1 max=2]

• Adhocracy
  • Elsewhere
  • Commentariat
  • MutantSpeakeasy
  • NumbersStation
  • HappyMutant
  • EndoftheWorld
  • MutantUnderground
    [/poll]
    Two quick notes; I’ve decided to remove the tld from the voting, since many of the choices at this point have many tld options. We can vote on a tld once we’ve settled on a name. I would however add that “cafe” seems to be the most popular, so if you’re trying to decide on these names and struggling to think of them without a tld, use a default “.cafe” to compare them all to each other on an equal footing. Second, I would remind folks that the reason we’re in this process is because technically HappyMutant is trademarked by the owners of BoingBoing. They have, at least initially, agreed to let us make use of the name, but it still comes with complications, so weigh that in your decision making.

If anyone has thoughts or ideas about improving this process, let me know by PM. Otherwise, vote and discuss. You have but two votes this time. Use them wisely.

13 Likes

You’re just messing with us, to see how many times you can get us to vote on the same thing, aren’t you??? :wink:

11 Likes

Nah, the previous views were on a wide range. It’s important anyone who’s favourite option got dropped, gets another say.

Plus, y’know multiple heats work well for Eurovision. :wink:

@waetherman Good to have you back. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Roger that.

9 Likes

Just waiting until you mutants vote for the RIGHT answer!

14 Likes

Ah! You mean we’re a democracy!

(Laughs)

9 Likes

Oh great, summon Bel-Shamharoth why don’t you :space_invader::octopus:

11 Likes

The voting will continue until the right answer is chosen!

11 Likes

This is the last day for voting for Round 3 - tomorrow at this time, Round 4 will commence. please get your votes in now!

8 Likes

So I guess this is the end for the End of the World.

7 Likes

You never know until the voting is done!

7 Likes

If we rename this place to Elsewhere, what euphemism are we going to use to refer to the other place?

5 Likes

Not while trump is still around. Ba-dum-tsssss. sorry. :blush:

4 Likes

The Other Place.

Easy. :wink:

9 Likes

Absolutely - did anyone remember to play their joker for this round? :slight_smile:

(Yes, that screen cap is actually from Jeux sans Frontières and, yes there are plenty of Theresa May/Boris Johnson/David Davis/Liam Fox jokes in there, but I’m not using them because I’m the bigger person. :upside_down:)

5 Likes

Shall we move on?

5 Likes

St. Elmo’s Fire.

12 Likes

Elsewhere is unbearably clever. I could live with it.

6 Likes

Including the fact that an increasing number of people don’t want a reminder of what once was but is no longer. Do we want to be forever defined by there, or become our own self?

6 Likes