The Arrivals Lounge

Lamarr! Get down from there.

7 Likes

It’s great to see you here.

And it’s great to see you here (still around) after the day’s unpleasantness at the other place.

12 Likes

We’d prefer if you all didn’t speak for us.

Besides, dude, the preferred nomenclature isn’t “assholes.” Sphincters are privileged as fuck towards ingestovorves. Some of us prefer to excrete via root systems, and that should be accepted too. Think of the space-cacti.

14 Likes

Sounds good to me.

I’m only at the other place for the people, anyway; I don’t give a fuck about most of the front page content there. Get the people over here, and there’ll be no need to go back there.

10 Likes

Six days a week and twice on Sundays, as my Momma used to say.

9 Likes

I’ve clearly missed something at the Other Place, although I can’t say I’m missing knowing about it.

14 Likes

Me, as well. But, I think, knowing nothing and coming here is better than dwelling on what went wrong there. Tabula rasa for us all, I say.

11 Likes

To summarize:

@LearnedCoward got banned for several months by the Cheeto Owl for daring to speak out.

@chgoliz got sick of moderator bullshit and inconsistent enforcement and left. (Liz, if you feel up to it, please do read all our well wishes. You have a still lot of friends at the Other Place.) Some others have started following her lead and hopefully all will end up here.

I think that just about covers it.

20 Likes

Today’s office:

Another burn zone, regenerating nicely. Lomandra, dianella, basket grass, homolanthus, sigesbeckia, commelina…all good stuff. All we have to do is guard the borders to keep the weeds and locals out, and the rest takes care of itself.

The dead trees were already senescent and on the way out before the fire came through; those mid-size species only live a decade or so. Eventually, we’ll get proper big eucalypts back in; you can see them in the background.

21 Likes

I never thought about that, sorry.

Besides, sphincters serve a purpose. Orange owls serve none.

11 Likes

Hulloo!

Thanks to all who set up this Other Clearly Better Place. Looks promising, and it certainly smells better!

Time for a break from that Other Sadly Malodorous Place. I’m tired of dealing with owl poop and other noxious messiness.

Not that I’ve let my guard down. Never!

32 Likes

Welcome!

8 Likes

Welcome Millie. It’s kind of odd at first here, the lack of unnecessary drama and all of the civil conversations. But we will help you through the adjustment period. :wink:

14 Likes

Glad to see you making your way over here as well. Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome @milliefink! Time for some R&R before your return to the trenches.

Warning noted.:wink:

9 Likes

Absolutely! Hello @Auld_Lang_Syne, @katherine, (and yeah, @Enkita, hello again :wink:)

Did I miss anyone? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

BTW: is there a more appropriate thread for my “today’s office” posts etc?

I.e. the random chat thread, akin to the old Lounge?

And have the image-hosting issues mentioned in the OP been sorted out?

10 Likes

I, for one, would not object to a thread about “Today’s View” or “Today’s Office” - it could be a nice way to “travel,” as it were.

14 Likes

Welcome @katherine, @Auld_Lang_Syne, and @milliefink! Glad you found your way over here! “Further up and further in!”

9 Likes

This all day. I’m a big fan of virtual tours. If I’m stuck inside all day at work, the least I can do is live vicariously through friendly internet peeps.

8 Likes