The Arrivals Lounge

Wait, I thought he was banned at BB?

5 Likes

I think it was short-term. I didnā€™t see a ban notice when I called up his account.

Edited to add: but come to think of it, I thought he was banned for a long time. Maybe some mod (oren) adjusted it later?

6 Likes

He came back briefly. The ban is over.

7 Likes

Thereā€™s already one public post with our URL over at the Other Place.

6 Likes

Ah! And @Nightflyer, thanks for clarification!

6 Likes

True, but the Gizmodo websites reach a lot more people. And thereā€™s been a real jerk over there whoā€™s been faking posts by regular users to start flame wars between them, when theyā€™re not posting noxious bullshit on their own. I do not want that person showing up here. So I was trying to avoid giving an open invitation to everybody-- just to Modus. :smile:

13 Likes

I find stuff like that as fascinating as it is repulsive, because I know from some extending-the-universe fiction Iā€™ve written (a riff on Lovecraft was one) that itā€™s work to imitate someoneā€™s voice. Work that could instead be going into something which brings true joy instead of just evil glee. Yā€™know?

8 Likes

@gadgetgirl: Agreed. I really donā€™t understand why they went to so much effort to do something so incredibly stupid. (Especially since they werenā€™t very good at it. Each attempt followed the same pattern. But there were a ton of attempts.)

In better news, Modus has seen my post:

17 Likes

Damn, that MO sounds so familiar.

I wonder if itā€™s possibly my old batshit crazy fangirl of yore CR Star/Dave Lucas, or just another random internet psycho.

Iā€™d need to see a sample of the trolling to make a guessā€¦

7 Likes

He doesnā€™t seem interested in ever going back, not that I blame him.

ETA: someone should pm him somehow on an account he actually checks, and invite him over here personally

5 Likes

I like how even the public invite didnā€™t expose our site, but maybe it was too subtle? Hopefully heā€™ll have his email notifications on for PMs at least.

8 Likes

Once upon a time I was black on Gawkerā€¦ /sigh

Oh Kinja, youā€™re so so so terrible.

Are you part of ā€œTwinjaā€?

4 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m NightflyerJen on Kinja, with the same avatar. I signed up on io9, but I also browse Jezebel, AV Club, and Splinter. I very rarely post, so I shrug at my grayness.

9 Likes

I didnā€™t know we were supposed to check in upon arrival.

21 Likes

I donā€™t know about supposed to, but itā€™s an opportunity. Cheers!

11 Likes

Iā€™m afraid youā€™ll have to leave and re-enter. Please line up at the turnstile and have your papers ready.

15 Likes

Weā€™re more formal here. But you get free cocktails!

12 Likes

Welcome!

9 Likes

Of course, I should have replied how the BBS used to have a Princess Pricklepants. But I always come up with good replies too lateā€¦

18 Likes

That President reference is a not so subtle reference to Jason.

9 Likes