The Arrivals Lounge

Greetings and salutations.

:wink:

23 Likes

Yes, It felt like most of the others just threw a piece of meat over the wall and ran away. And that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy their writing and their voice in the blog posts. But Rob was the only one I noticed repeatedly to jump over the wall and have some fun with the lions and tigers. rawr. :tiger:

13 Likes

And can I also take a moment to say how wonderful it is to see your regular avatars again? It felt so very strange and appropriate parsing responses from blank/transparent avatars.

It’s good to see y’all again.

17 Likes

I got tired of being a mallard. (and I got tired of being what looked like fingerprint)

8 Likes

Salut, tout le monde!

16 Likes

Welcome, @ficuswhisperer, @messana, @stinkinbadgers,@nimelennar

Do you want to play a game? (Dun dun dun!)

8 Likes

Probably?

16 Likes

Tic tac toe?

5 Likes

Woo-hoo! I finally got my confirmation e-mail! Thanks to my new hosts, great to see everyone again, let’s get this party started!

28 Likes

Hi gang. I just signed up but can’t stay long as I’m prepping for my trip home Saturday morning.

A quick note: I’ll be maintaining the Kvetching About the Usual Trolls pseudo lounge back at BoingBoing for the immediate future. Given that we refer to troll BoingBoing members and quote them in that thread it makes more sense to keep it there. Looks like there are good non-BoingBoing Lounges being reproduced here. I’ll look forward to peeking in from time to time.

Thanks to @LockeCJ and @tinoesroho for getting this underway. See you around.

===

@messana : is the Linode project not going forward? If it isn’t I’ll remove it from the Regular Solutions - Meta summary so no-one bothers you about it.

13 Likes

The IT committee consists of @lockeCJ (current host), @messana and @japh - though it’s definitely fun to be an observer!

Welcome, @nightflyer and @gracchus to a new age. Please prep Geiger counters and rad badges and stay indoors during dust storms. :wink:

10 Likes

It’s on hold for the moment pending some sort of consensus about next steps. Please feel free to remove it from the summary as I suspect we’ll be doing our planning here!

7 Likes

Done. I’ll let teckna know over there.

6 Likes

Evening all.

Like @waetherman, I also like the dark background as a contrast to the mirror site.

Thank you to everyone who had a hand in setting this up.

27 Likes

Vellkomen, @Melizmatic.

opens fridge “So, what’ll it be?”

7 Likes

I just came in via a home page link on my phone for the first time. This is going to sound pedantic, but thank you for making the possessive “Mutants’”. Stuff like that makes me happy. :grinning:

18 Likes

Banana me, please.

14 Likes

Whelp, I made it.

Now it’s time to hoist one (or six – it’s been a long week) to all the good people already here.

A toast: To Happy Mutants!

19 Likes

Welcome, @MrMonkey. Mr Monkey very diligent but his output stink. What does Mr Monkey think?

11 Likes

Also, Falcor seemed a tad bit more testy as of late; which would also make sense if ‘he’ is a “she” who’s about to give birth.

I’m gonna miss them both.

23 Likes