The De-Nazification of America

(Alternative title: Why The F*** Did This Take So Long??)

11 Likes

Continuing Racism"Southern Pride."

10 Likes

Remember “Jew Pond” in New Hampshire, which only had its name changed a couple years back? It ain’t just a southern thing.

6 Likes

Oh, absolutely. I’m just saying that the reasons the lake’s name wasn’t changed and the reasons that people still want to fly the Confederate Battle Flag, if placed in a Venn diagram, would form one single circle, and the latter is usually reduced to “Southern Pride” by people trying to excuse it.

6 Likes

Yeah, there is no shortage of Northerners around here who have “Southern Pride™”

10 Likes

As I’ve said before: the Confederacy wasn’t a place, it was an idea.

9 Likes

Baby steps.

The group, United Constitutional Patriots, has been condemned by civil rights groups and local officials.

They chose that name because they couldn’t spell “supremacist.”

10 Likes

Now please arrest the rest of the brown shirts.

5 Likes
9 Likes

You know, back during the GWB administration I had a kind of realization. I realized that governments perpetuate borders in order to justify their own existence. We are told that “we” are being kept safe from “them.” But when you meet someone from another country, you realize how very similar we actually are.

It appears that at about that same time, a large portion of the world had the exact opposite realization.

12 Likes

11 Likes
5 Likes

Wrong thread?

5 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

always egg nazis

8 Likes

I dunno. After reading the UK politics thread, I have to say that milkshakes seem more thematically appropriate: white, frothed up, and nothing but empty calories.

9 Likes