The De-Nazification of America

It’s free! I just signed it myself! I’m on Sen. Andy Levin’s (D-MI) email list! His family has been a force in Michigan politics and public service for decades. And the all bear a resemblance to Eli Wallach, lol, the males that serve.

2 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

I’m sure they’ll all be renamed to honor Ronald Regan.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, in the 80s I thought Reagan was great - he was winning the Cold War, bringing prosperity to the country (yuppies were getting rich on wall street), all that stuff. He seemed to just handle everything pretty smoothly. It wasn’t until much later, looking back, seeing the long-term effects of his reign that I changed my mind about him. Of course, at the time I was a kid, so there’s no way I would’ve had that perspective of considering decades of long-term effects.

It makes me wonder how many Trump supporters are going to look back on current times the same way. And how they really think what’s happening now is good?

7 Likes
6 Likes

That was a good move. Love it!

4 Likes

Let’s also rename Lee Highway, which runs right through the middle of Arlington, VA.

4 Likes

I say rename it the Bruce Lee Highway.

7 Likes
3 Likes

“See You at the Polls”, a short film to get folks to vote, from 1956! With a swell mix of both liberal and conservative, Democratic and Republican celebrities, being polite!
https://fesfilms.com/polls.htm?fbclid=IwAR2xicJ4IN8aKikkDS8zuggIGF09KqPxn2OAtCSFjOjhH4E58Ubf_2K4Byc

(if anyone can find the whole half-hour special, please post!)

1 Like

I LOVE when Archie realizes, deep down, he’s been wrong about a lot of things. But Eugene Roche, playing practical-joker Pinky Peterson, has one of the best dramatic scenes ever in TV history. And this was one of the first, if not THE first, appearance of Renny Temple (David) on TV.

And when also realizes he has to “work it out”…I wish we had that today with more folks, not just bland acceptance of what’s damaging to us all, individually and collectively.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this, idk if you’re the same person that posted the last one, but seeing this show again in a modern light is really wonderful. It was so ahead of its time.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Since I’ve been binge-watching the show on either Dailymotion or YouTube (there’s episodes I’ve not been able to view for free/in the US, and I’m guessing there’s more I won’t be able to see under those circs), it 'twas prolly I!

You are MOST welcome! :smiley:

When folks can watch this and laugh at how primitive the attitudes were, and/or how irrelevant they are…sigh…

2 Likes

Oh, yer gonna LOVE this one, lololololol!
There are ads, but the show is intact.

2 Likes

I didn’t know if this belonged here or on the Not Feminism 101 thread…?
2 Likes

Well, after weeks of intensive brainstorming, owner Dan Snyder has now announced that the Washington football team will henceforth be called … the Washington Football Team.
Was this his first choice? No. But his first choice, and a whole bunch of other potential choices, seem to be tied up in a trademark fight with at least one entrepreneur who had the foresight—unlike Dan Snyder—to file trademark applications for a bunch of possible names. While the team will likely get what it wants, sooner or later, for now it is calling itself the Washington Football Team.

I haven’t counted McCaulay’s applications (this report says he has 44 pending), but he seems to have cast a pretty wide net, judging by his website, which mentions names including “Washington Redtails,” “Washington Redwolves,” “Washington Veterans,” and the strangely-hilarious-to-me “Washington Monuments.” And he isn’t the only person doing this. A quick search of the US PTO’s database shows 20 or 30 recent applications by McCaulay and others, including for “Washington Potomacs,” “Washington Spartans,” “Washington Braves” (the team’s name before 1933), “Washington Whirlwinds,” and the also strangely-hilarious-to-me “Washington Presidents,” a team that surely could only take the field with each player actually dressed as a historical president, like the Hall of Presidents at Disneyland but hopefully with a better running game.

5 Likes

A football game I would actually watch.

4 Likes
2 Likes