The De-Nazification of America

3 Likes

That sound you hear is probably just a collective inhale from the GOP before they start screaming about “cancel culture” yet again.

7 Likes
5 Likes

YES!!!

3 Likes
7 Likes

“The defendants stand charged with seeking to steal one of the crown jewels of our country, in a sense, by interfering with the peaceful transfer of power,” Judge Timothy Kelly said as he explained his decision. “It’s no exaggeration to say the rule of law and … in the end, the existence of our constitutional republic is threatened by it.”

Kelly’s ruling reverses earlier decisions by federal judges to release Nordean and Biggs under strict conditions. In the government’s earlier bid to detain Nordean, Judge Beryl Howell described weaknesses in the case that had been presented, and prosecutors declined to present evidence supporting their most damaging claims — in part because they were preparing to unseal a graver set of charges against Nordean and other Proud Boys leaders. That indictment was issued in March, linking Nordean, Biggs and two other Proud Boys regional leaders — Zach Rehl and Charles Donohoe — in the alleged conspiracy.

5 Likes

Sounds like… an idea for a start.

The new park museum exhibit would be housed in Memorial Hall and explain the history of the massive mountainside carving of Jefferson Davis, Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee — which is inextricably tied to the rise of the second Ku Klux Klan and, later, white leaders’ reaction to desegregation and the looming Civil Rights movement.

Such an exhibit could also acknowledge the park’s history as a Native American burial ground, officials said.

Other proposals include relocating several Confederate flags at the bottom of the mountain’s walk-up trail, a location that hundreds or thousands of visitors walk past each day. The flags would be moved to another area near the base of the mountain that already hosts a number of smaller tributes to the Confederacy.

3 Likes

Maybe an approach to a strategy for a concept to an idea for a start?

3 Likes

You’ve worked in the bureaucracy, haven’t you? <3

3 Likes

You need to submit that question on Form 535111l1 in triplicate.

3 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

As someone who lives closer to this park than anyone else here… yeah. It is a start. And I’d like a start at least rather than the same wheeling spinning we get here.

4 Likes

Tarrio now finds himself throwing down against the church’s large, heavy-hitting team of actual lawyers, which includes a former prosecutor for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, Jeannie Rhee. To make matters worse, his two-page response to the church’s 115-page complaint arrived late—two days after the judge’s April 30 deadline.

“The Defendant is not responsible because Defendant Henry Tarrio did not cause the injury,” Tarrio’s brief states. “The defendant DENIES ALL and thereby demands strict proof thereof.”

It’s a bold strategy, let’s see how it works out for him…

7 Likes

And Anglicizing his given name - really? Does he think doing that makes him more…I dunno, relatable? Or Anglo?

4 Likes

He’s got the lawyer he deserves.

5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Addenda:

1. It’s not surprising it happened in the first place, FLA or not.
  2. Also not surprising that FLA Mom complained.
  3. But to do something about it practically ASAP? In FLA? Wow!! And I’m surprised the Grungy Orange Pisspot didn’t make some sort of statement on it.
5 Likes

This happened one holiday season where I worked (large financial organization). For years, they’d done something very smart and practical: give every employee a booklet of about 50-60 items and tell them to pick one, which would be their holiday gift. You could pick a toaster oven or a screwdriver set, etc. But one year, they took on a new client that made bath items like shower gel and body lotion. So, the men got the booklet, and the women got a gift box of perfumed bath stuff.

I went to my supervisor, who was pretty high up the food chain, and behind closed doors told him it was a mistake and they ran the risk of being sued because they were actually breaking employment law.

I got in a lot of trouble. Hauled in to headquarters downtown to be yelled at by the president of the company, the whole bit. I’m sure the only reason I didn’t lose my job was because they knew I was right, and firing me for warning them was exactly the wrong thing to do if they wanted to avoid a lawsuit.

9 Likes