The De-Nazification of America

Two more documentaries to watch:

13 Likes

props to her for talking to Nazis…

5 Likes

Is there a ballot initiative system in Texas? Because that’s what we had to use here in Michigan to end-run our gerrymandered State House.

11 Likes

There is, and I think that’s what it’ll take. A ballot measure in an engaged lefty year.

8 Likes

So… I thought the first letter cited was a satirical re-creation. No joke. JoAnn got the votes (mine included and almost certainly in the future) to get where she got by not being the kind of person, like her opponent in the recent election for an open seat, who gets strategic about ignoring Elmerfants in the room.

I’m glad she’s kicking ass. Her election was… fraught. Her opponent was also an African-American woman, who came up in Washington County from deep within the statewide Democratic party. Our Dems have had trouble occasionally with not falling into the state of the Failmachine the national DNC became. Some of the shit Smith said about zoning… I was like, you only talk to Californians all day day. Shit. So I felt bad voting aganst her in favor of the angry lady that came to my door one day. I like angry.

7 Likes

Where’s that nanoviolin when I need it.

5 Likes
5 Likes

A Detroit city publication was forbidden from publishing this newsletter. Whether it was an “innocent mistake” as lamely claimed, a genuine attempt to crack down on truth, or an attempt to utilize the Streisand Effect intentionally, the controversy that’s followed has gotten this story out in front of people again.

A local website posted the issue online.

8 Likes

Christians starting to stand up to extremism:

7 Likes

The poor snowflake doesn’t like people saying he’s racist:

10 Likes

First his neighbours, now this.

Anyone else getting the notion he’s feeling out of control these days?

7 Likes

He likes that, of course.

5 Likes

https://thebaffler.com/latest/chalk-one-up-for-teachers-mcgahan

4 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

He has — how you say? —ze very interesting observations about ze global situation. Trump is an epiphenomenon!

4 Likes

If true, good thing he was stopped beforehand. Which is why I’m posting here instead of the other thread. Wonder if anyone else is implicated…

9 Likes

If you can stomach it, here’s a Twitter thread:

8 Likes

I’ve been noticing in the last three weeks or so things have got more chaotic. Not just shit like this, which is horrible enough. Things like certain prominent progressive types I follow on Twitter all seem to have collectively lost the ability to process information critically.

It’s really worrying me.

9 Likes

Travis Bickle?

5 Likes