The De-Nazification of the World

Because hope must be at least equal.

Baby steps:
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20181208_09/

9 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

The bad news is this happened at all. The good news is how it’s being handled.

Imagine similar disciplinary and legal actions at certain American TV networks. Faux News would be gutted.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Have you seem that thing? I’ve received a couple of copies. “Newspaper” is being very generous. “Incoherent hateful shit printed on paper” is wordier but more accurate.

The hate speech is the main thing but the poor writing comes in comfortably second.

7 Likes

Nah, I get my toilet paper in bulk from Costco.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Best news I’ve had all week:

5 Likes
4 Likes

The work always begins somewhere:

3 Likes

Unsure which thread to put this in, but this one seems most appropriate.

2 Likes

Instant gratification versus transactional friction.

4 Likes

And, of course, inaction and a total lack of redress because “norms of civility must be upheld” and “we respect rule of law”.

Wanting to follow rules and have a formula is part of what led broken stairs to be tolerated for so long in many communities.

The past year and a half, I’ve realised that respect for rule/formula/appeals to fairness need to come last. Justice and remediation need to be put first.

5 Likes

Specifically, changing laws and legal responsibilities when they restrict people from doing the right thing.

4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

A delay.

There is hope for people power yet.

3 Likes

The masses turned out despite the suspension of the bill - which would allow extradition from Hong Kong to mainland China - on Saturday.

Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam on Sunday apologised for proposing the bill.

Many protesters, who fear increased Chinese influence over Hong Kong, are calling on her to resign over the unrest. They are also demanding that the bill be scrapped, not just suspended.

6 Likes

Still going.

6 Likes