The De-Nazification of the World

Turkey’s ruling party has lost control of Istanbul after a re-run of the city’s mayoral election, latest results show.

He won a surprise victory in March which was annulled after the ruling AK party complained of irregularities.

“I congratulate Ekrem Imamoglu who has won the election based on preliminary results,” he tweeted. But the result is being seen as a major setback for Mr Erdogan, who has previously said that “whoever wins Istanbul, wins Turkey”.

In his victory speech, Mr Imamoglu said the result marked a “new beginning” for both the city and the country. “We are opening up a new page in Istanbul,” he said. “On this new page, there will be justice, equality, love.”

6 Likes
7 Likes

I like how this town thinks.

They get to have nice things, but the Nazis don’t.

6 Likes
7 Likes

“This day is a reminder to us, not only of those who acted on July 20, but also of everyone who stood up against Nazi rule,” she said in her weekly video podcast.

“We are likewise obliged today to oppose all tendencies that seek to destroy democracy. That includes right-wing extremism.”

More than 20,000 protesters have gathered in Moscow demanding free and fair elections in the Russian capital.

Protesters are calling for opposition candidates to be allowed to register for the September polls.

The authorities have refused to register them despite each candidate gathering the minimum 5,000 signatures needed to be eligible to run.

8 Likes

They want some kind of magical end to neo-nazism without allowing the people to put a check on the rich and the corrupt. It doesn’t work, guys.

5 Likes
7 Likes

The website of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade:
http://www.alba-valb.org/

7 Likes

good news, the mass murdering, nazi-adjacent dorks are dead - they tried a night escape by boat and were got capsized. turns out, mother nature is anti-fascist AF.

8 Likes

From a different story:

On Monday, when the pair were still considered missing, Schmegelsky’s father told Victoria’s CHEK News the teens considered themselves survivalists.

Al Schmegelsky said they “liked to go into the woods and play war” and were trained in camouflage.

“If there’s any hope that Bryer and Kam are alive, it’s because they … would have gone into the woods and they know how to hide, because they’ve been doing this for the last two and a half years,” he said.

Oh, yeah. Expert survivalists, these guys.

5 Likes

I SO read that wrong the first time around…

8 Likes

Me too. I wondered how their names survived all those centuries.

7 Likes

T’would havebeen the first bad case of immortalish dragoons.

3 Likes

One of them was (almost) a MacLeod, I suppose.

Wow, my sense of humor has gone dark tonight…

3 Likes

I guess I just don’t travel in the right crop circles to understand these . . . .

5 Likes

Oh, some dragoons are far older than that.

4 Likes

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path[2%2F0%2F7%2F7%2F4%2F20774479]%2Csizedata[850x600]&call=url[file%3Aproduct.chain]

3 Likes

I don’t think this is intentional, but it’s still a well-timed recipe:

6 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes