The De-Nazification of the World

3 Likes

Wow, something is wrong here. Paul Mason is the graun’s resident economist and, while I normally fundamentally disagree with just about every centre-left word he has to say, he’s not only written an article that I agree with, he’s set out a coherent premise for technology-driven, post-capitalist abundance:

The only thing that I think he gets wrong in his analysis is the conclusion that government in its current form has any role to play. Sure, state involvement would be nice but this shit isn’t happening as long as the rich (who are rich because they have gamed the system to steal capital) continue to set policy and further their own interests at the expense of everyone else.

Feudalism didn’t end because landowners took pity on the little guy, after all

5 Likes
4 Likes

It should be remembered that when Papua got its independence it wanted to be united with New Guinea, but Indonesia claimed it.

4 Likes

I try not to take pleasure in the temper tantrums of people I disagree with, but Bernier and his stableful of jackasses just make it impossible not to.

6 Likes
3 Likes

That’s mean-spirited, petty, and likely to direct the ballots of a bunch of low-information voters to a candidate they didn’t intend.

I love it.

3 Likes

“We will take the city from the 20th Century to the 21st,” he said. “Budapest will be green and free, we will bring it back to Europe.”

5 Likes

Why wasn’t this done at Trump’s state of the union?

I’m sure it was only four.

7 Likes

Why wasn’t this done at Trump’s state of the union?

For the sake of civility.

4 Likes

To heck with placards. Just call him “Liar!” - maybe 20 minutes in, then at decreasing intervals thereafter. So what if people are removed. Just keep doing it.

Of course you’d need a lot of people with the guts to do it. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

That, and plans for the outcome of being ejected. If people are going to get arrested, you need people who won’t protest and can come and bail them out. If force is going to be used, especially the egregious, excessive kind (Kent State, Chicago Democratic Convention), you need to be ready for that.

That’s the thing about resisting. You gotta plan so much.

7 Likes

I know the possibility of experiencing some level of violence, as a part of participating even in non-violent civil disobedience, is something you have to take into account, but I would hope it wouldn’t escalate to the point that you’d need transfusion.

3 Likes

Fixed, merci.

2 Likes

Actually, I was thinking of Democratic senators and congresspeople doing that. I would hope that they’d be treated better than that (but there are no unwritten rules anymore, so maybe not. I can just see Proud Boys being used as Congressional security.)

3 Likes

The capitol police are under congressional command, not presidential. They are unlikely to hire the Stormboyz unless the Republicans win control again.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Someone to watch in Argentina:

4 Likes

“That is like being kicked in the nuts by an apple pie.”
WARNING: Mouth must be empty when viewing.

5 Likes
5 Likes