The De-Nazification of the World

Hrmph… I really don’t buy the idea that “big tech companies controlling our newsfeeds” is the root cause.

What happens on social media is more a symptom. People like to feel like they’re in a social group, and with like-minded people, and newsfeed algorithms are good at giving suggestions for that. But that’s not happening in a vacuum. Those groups of conspiracy theorists generally aren’t generating their own self-sustaining feed of theories. They’re sharing and expanding on things they get from elsewhere, from “trustworthy” people who are taking advantage of their worldview.

Yes, social media can do a lot more to dampen the feedback loop… but nothing social media does is ever going to solve the actual problem.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Is it just me, or would they say the same things if a man were doing what she’s doing?

1 Like

The article states that she hasn’t revealed her sex, and at least one of the nazi/war-is-great fanboys seem to think she’s a man.

4 Likes

I am reminded of watching “The Civil War” in 2015, and cringing at Shelby Foote’s fanboyism.

3 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Yup. The EU was created to undercut he need for another war, and it has provided decades of peace and prosperity. So of course the right-wing is against it.

3 Likes

I always think of the technology of war advancing so quickly before and during WWI.

1 Like

That was the beginning of the fear: when is some crackpot billionaire Bond villain going to feel like he can nuke the planet and just leave?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I forgot to post this on the day of:
WIN_20220509_15_29_38_Pro

3 Likes

Some of the charges relate to messages published on Twitter 10 years ago.

Oops.

New texts revealed by Bankston on Wednesday appeared to show Jones signing off on more Sandy Hook conspiracy theories five years after the tragedy.

The phone documents also appeared to reveal Infowars’ long-hidden finances.

On an open microphone in a recess, Bankston asked his fellow lawyers: “You know what nobody’s thought about yet? What happens when that phone goes to law enforcement?

4 Likes

The weird thing is that I posted this almost right after you posted yours. Nee-nee-Nee-nee…

Plus…they did the discovery backwards, LOLOLOL! But was it on purpose or a true accident?

4 Likes

I would be very surprised if they gave that information over on purpose, considering that it really hurts their attempts to convince the jury and the court to keep the damages low. They’ve been claiming that any judgement over $2M would “sink” the Infowars business, but some of what was on the phone contradicts that, too.

It’s funny that Jones responded that “this is your Perry Mason moment”… those moments pretty much never happen in real life, but it was pretty accurate. I really don’t know why Jones seemed to think the opposing lawyer having a “Perry Mason moment” would be good for him, though.

4 Likes

Right? When Perry Mason does the thing, somebody is fuuuuuucked, and, well I just couldn’t be more pleased who that is today.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I hope he doesn’t have enough lube for the fucking he’s going to get.

1 Like