The Nazification of America

A roundup of all the ways authoritarianism and racism are taking over.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/xtrixcyclex/status/999818769626169344?s=19

8 Likes

I know that international law on genocide was written to exclude genocide against gender and sexual minorities, neural minoriities, and disabled people… but it still includes genocide against national minorities.

Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as
…any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c ) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2[4]

6 Likes

It was a favored act by the military juntas that the military, industrial, US-legislative complex trained them for in the fifties, sixties, etc.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Not so much “taking over” as “coming into view”, though.

11 Likes

ugh. f them.

when i flagged a “friend” of a “friend” for saying they literally ( and mind you i also for clarification ) wanted to shoot antifa members in the head - facebook admins said it didn’t violate their terms of service and left the post as is.

i think they understand hate speech just fine. and they don’t care. it would just eat into their user base.

12 Likes

See here:

6 Likes
16 Likes

… And demands further immigration restrictions.

Why does the “Freedom Caucus” actually hate freedom?

6 Likes

As Margaret Atwood wrote in The Handmaid’s Tale, there are two kinds of freedoms: freedom from and freedom to. The Freedom Caucas can be all about freedom to do what they want, or freedom from anyone not like them. It doesn’t have to be about freedom for all.

11 Likes

And this is why when the bombs fall, I’m running toward the blast.

can’t afford to move out of the country so death is the answer.

7 Likes

Thread:

Fucking Trump murals on the goddamn walls. Two free hours a day. It’s children in goddamn prison and those keepers are complicit. And the “tent cities” will be worse. Something needs to be done NOW. Mid-terms will likely be too late for these kids.

This. Is. Sick.

10 Likes

We are living in Hell and we don’t even know it.

4 Likes

I skimmed through that lengthy thread, it doesn’t appear particularly evil. I mean, it looks like kids warehoused while we figure out what to do with them. That isn’t pleasant, but it doesn’t seem to be torturous, and are there any alternatives?

On second thought, where are the parents? Why are they not even mentioned?

Something’s wrong there, but I don’t quite know what it is…

The kids were separated from their parents at the border. In some cases, literally ripped away from them. They are being warehoused, and the Trump admin is planning a literal camp with tents (not the fun kind) in El Paso, in the summer.

The conditions described in that thread are prison conditions. And in no sane world should kids be “warehoused”, anyway.

15 Likes

Thanks, that fills in the blank spots I had when reading it. And you’re right, in no sane world should kids be “warehoused”.

4 Likes

Also keep in mind that this is the one that they invited the journalists into. Potemkin fresh paint seems likely.

13 Likes

Thread.

14 Likes
9 Likes