The Nazification of America

2 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

ZOMG, Rudy’s mouth looks the same there as it does now!

2 Likes

With both Trump and DeSantis pushing this… either the Republican Party breaks up, or civil war, or genocide.

4 Likes

Like shootings and deaths by cops, I so can’t even this any more.

1 Like

I wish I could get away from it. Sorting out my passport…

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

And of course, not a one of them likely remembers that their Jesus was a Jew.

1 Like

Or likely never existed as all that at all. The world at that time had been ripe for liberation theology for a century or more. Mithras, the son of the Sun, all that had been an earworm waiting for an empire to co-opt it. Funny that African slaves found both a ready-made liberation theology, but also found that it had already been ratfucked several ways.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Only a sincere belief in religious law or repercussions is limiting enough to impose a “sufficient burden,” which is the legal standard for cases on the free exercise of religion.

That’s utter nonsense. You don’t even need to be religious to see it. You can take religion out of the picture entirely. How does one person dictate what is ‘sufficient burden’ for another person? And more importantly, why is that even a question? Unless you’re trying to repress people and force burdens upon them, there’s no need for it in the first place.

3 Likes

As a Reform Jew, no one else gets to judge what my religion means to me. I am just as Jewish as any Orthodox Jew, and no government chooses whether my beliefs are as valid as another sects’.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Lots of ridiculous laws being proposed lately (see, e.g., “Bill Would Establish Official State Aroma” (Feb. 15, 2023); “Montana Bill Would Ban Teaching Science” (Feb. 10, 2023)), but that just means state legislatures are back in session. Florida’s new SB 932, which addresses a variety of “animal welfare” issues, is mostly fine. But my dog was outraged to hear that his brethren and sistren in Florida would, if this bill became law, be legally prohibited from sticking their heads out the window of a car.

(I apologize, this is much further down the list than most in this thread. But a bit of a trend…?)

1 Like

I don’t know. This sounds like the first intelligent law to come out of the state.

2 Likes

Wait, what? Are you suggesting that there might be intelligence in Florida? We should really get the SETI guys on that. I mean, it’s not technically extra-terrestrial, but it is Florida. Which could be another planet. When you consider the nonsense that comes out of there, it certainly seems like it should be.

2 Likes