The Nazification of America

This is shocking news. I had no idea that “Dilbert” was still going.

6 Likes

I can only assume that this turd wants to retire from his comfortable life as a cartoonist to take up his new life as a right-wing politician. I used to like Dilbert, back in the last century. Like you, I didn’t know it was still being published. But then, I have no taste-- I liked Elon Musk once, too.

4 Likes

There is a non-official RSS feed we can check to see what’s he’s doing without going to his website

Feed Sneak Preview

1 Like

Interesting. Exactly the same as it was the last time I read it 20 years ago.

3 Likes

I don’t get the outrage. Scott Adams has been like this for a very long time. I guess he finally said something super duper racist? Why has he been given a forum for so long?

3 Likes

There’s a little more detail into what was said here:

On his video show last week, the 65 year old said he had been identifying as Black “because I like to be on the winning team,” and that he used to help the Black community. Adams said the results of the Rasmussen poll changed his mind.

“It turns out that nearly half of that team doesn’t think I’m okay to be white,” he said, adding that he would re-identify as white. “I’m going to back off from being helpful to Black America because it doesn’t seem like it pays off,” he said. “I get called a racist. That’s the only outcome. It makes no sense to help Black Americans if you’re white. It’s over. Don’t even think it’s worth trying.”

2 Likes

I read his comments. I just don’t know how he’s survived 20 year or more of being a complete unhinged ass and now suddenly newspapers decide not to carry him? Seems odd he wasn’t dropped ages ago.

3 Likes

I think he was trying for the William Shockley Lifetime Achievement Award.

3 Likes

He was making them money, is why.

We live in a world were folks like him flourish, a world that caused Bill Watterson to retire to keep his integrity. It sucks.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, exactly. I certainly remember the time when every cubicle had a Dilbert cartoon pasted up in it, every copy machine had a Dilbert cartoon taped above it, and the malls were filled with all the merch.

But it’s been many years since that time; nevertheless, he seems to deliver consistent, reliable product to newspapers and a lot of cartoonists probably don’t manage the business side of being in syndication as well as his business does. So, I get it.

But it’s also gross that they have continued to give him a forum. Why not nurture new cartoonists who have something more interesting and modern to say? Or is that the only people reading newspaper cartoons these days are the Trump crowd anyhow?

4 Likes

Will it turn a profit? Will it make the shareholders happy?

Also, we live in a patriarchal society that places profit and white people above non-white people and non-male people.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lee was fielding questions Monday from reporters about the legislation and other LGBTQ bills when an activist asked him if he remembered “dressing up in drag in 1977.” He was presented with a photo that showed the governor as a high school senior dressed in women’s clothing that was published in the Franklin High School 1977 yearbook. The photo was first posted on Reddit over the weekend.

Lee said it is “ridiculous” to compare the photo to “sexualized entertainment in front of children.” When asked for specific examples of inappropriate drag shows taking place in front of children, Lee did not cite any, only pointing to a nearby school building and saying he was concerned about protecting children.

So when confronted with the fact that he dressed in drag at a school, his response was to point to a school and say he had to protect children from people like that?

Oppression really is the sincerest form of projection.

3 Likes

My neck of the woods:

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

What the living fuck is wrong with Ron DeSantis? I mean, did Trump give vermin like him even more courage to scurry out from under there slimy rocks to see the light of day?

Levin Report: You Can Add “Reproductive Rights” to the List of Things Ron DeSantis Plans to Ban From The “Free State of Florida”
https://link.vanityfair.com/view/617af241112b25773a0cc41bibdp7.1i4y/96416922

1 Like