The Nazification of America

Shit, kids these days have much worse than we did in my day. I ain’t gonna be one of those adults bitching about how hard it was “back then”. Fuck that.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

What an asshole.

3 Likes

What exactly is the point of this?

Is he going to try to destroy NASA next?

1 Like

The point is to bluster and appeal to his base. It’s also ego - taking on the House of Mouse must mean a lot to RDS’s testicles.

Addendum (this is from nine days ago); I think RDS is taking on more than he can chew.

2 Likes

According to Baier’s current and former colleagues, he stands very much alone at Fox News — which has been pushed even farther to the right since the outset of the Trump years. Anchor Shepard Smith left Fox News in 2019 after primetime star Tucker Carlson targeted him on the air and the network did not publicly defend him. Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace departed and two commentators who frequently appeared on Baier’s show resigned in late 2021 after Carlson’s avid defense of people who participated in the violent attack on the U.S. Congress in January 2021.

1 Like

Wherever he is, Harry S. Truman is weeping.

1 Like

I’ve gotten to the point with America where I feel that the abuse of power is the point. There is no pretense of aspiring to be a leader or be just. These people who so nakedly hold power and grab it have no interest in pretending that they care about us or their own souls. He is awful. He is harmful. And yet, there will be no change, because the awful people are in charge.

6 Likes

They want to defund our libraries, but just in the last couple of years, we voted (in our little, mostly rural, very red town) that we wanted to fund a bond issue so we could have our own library branch. People, mostly republicans, voted to raise our own taxes so we could have a library. And, they want to take it away, I’m just sick and sad about it.

7 Likes
2 Likes

“The education of Alabama’s children is my top priority as governor, and there is absolutely no room to distract or take away from this mission. Let me be crystal clear: Woke concepts that have zero to do with a proper education and that are divisive at the core have no place in Alabama classrooms at any age level, let alone with our youngest learners,” Ivey said in a statement.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like