The Nazification of America

1 Like

It’s difficult to concentrate on work tasks in the middle of a collapsing empire.

I wonder if this will finally get us all off our collective asses and have a general strike. The only power most people have is to either work or withhold our labor, to either buy or withhold our money, under capitalism. Some people have more power, but most of us, the ones who are maxxed out at keeping our own trips going, that’s all we have.

Unless we band together. This is the ultimate collective action problem. Do we get together and stop this? Or do we each individually wring our hands and freak out, and do the one small thing we can, which won’t actually stop all this because it’s one at a time?

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I can take only so much propranolol before my blood pressure will get dangerously low.

This is what Erma Bombeck was talking about being “sick for the Great Depression”, i.e., things are so bad I’d gladly inhabit a seemingly less bad time instead.

I cannot believe that everyone in favor of this actually believes the shit they’re dumping on the rest of us. I mean, there are some who obviously don’t, but there are some, like McConnell, the ones who denounced Trump and’ve come to bend their knees. And how do they think this won’t possibly affect them, as well?

They think so little of those they wish to rule. I want to rub their tongues in the fallout. I want to know what is able for me to do besides just voting and sharing things.

Then again, I’ve read and seen and paid attention to as much of the history of human beings to know that the possibility for everything being rough for everyone for a while before things are set in better places than beforehand.

I’m scared but keeping it together.

2 Likes

… where’s that Antifa bus when we need it :unamused:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I just want everyone to be aware that if Trump is elected, January 6th will become a federal holiday.

Can we get something in August too?

1 Like