The Nazification of America

oops

10 Likes

important thread:

7 Likes

The biggest paradox about conservatives is how the most financially secure consider themselves to be the least financially secure when it comes time to pass the hat.

10 Likes

We have:
ā€œFreeā€ roads
ā€œFreeā€ military defense
ā€œFreeā€ public schools
ā€œFreeā€ police
Of course, none of these are free; we pay by taxes for them. The trouble is, this republican POS represents only the 0.1%, who donā€™t want to pay taxes even for roads, defense, or schools.

And of course, we could feed everyone in the world if the economic systems werenā€™t so fucked up and financial engineered.

11 Likes

An interesting thought, that utilitarianism is seen as immoral by a large group of people.

Iā€™ll have to think this over some more, because it seems, from my perspective, that some form of utilitarianism is the only possible basis for a self-consistent system of ethics.

3 Likes

Minneapolis??!!

8 Likes

Yes, of course Minneapolis.

I canā€™t think of many worse places to be black in America.

6 Likes

You know, I live in the Deep South, but my hometown really manages to fuckinā€™ bring it.

7 Likes

Saw this comment today:

Americans are facing the realization that 1/3 of the country would
be ok if the government killed another 1/3 while the last 1/3 of people
sat by watching.

11 Likes

Werner Twertzog.

6 Likes

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/900382564787122177.html?refreshed=yes

Error Ooops this Tweet is quite old (more than 3200 tweets away), Twitter does not allow to retrieve the associated thread. Iā€™m really sorry about that :confused:.
Get back on Twitter to read that thread.

(removed link leading to Twitter.)

How can you read that site?

1 Like

I also realize that many people in say, the 2020s/2030s might be echoing that same refrain from the 1940s.

Deportations?
I was only following orders.

Separation of families?

Killing unarmed black people?

Tear-gassing mothers and children?

14 Likes
9 Likes

Again? Wasnā€™t it just a few weeks ago that another black female MD was questioned repeatedly by flight attendants AS she was helping the patient?

9 Likes

Yes, second instanceā€¦which is exactly why Stanford laminated a wallet-sized laminated copy of her medical license. And it was still viewed with skepticism.

10 Likes

This was a few weeks ago. The date on the article is November 2nd.

A similar thing happened to Dr. Tamika Cross two years ago in 2016. This is no doubt widespread.

11 Likes

Yes, youā€™re rightā€¦and what I meant. I was having an asthma attack and a little preoccupied and oxygen deprived to be clear enough. Stanford stated she had her license because of the Cross incident, which I perceived to be the first.

8 Likes

It was the first.

This is the second of the two incidents in the article.

The article itself is about a month old.

5 Likes

Geez. At this point, all flight attendants should be shown her picture and informed that if they do anything to interfere with her attempts to provide emergency medical care on a flight, that they will be fired.

7 Likes

There should be mandatory training.

"Doctors can be black and/or female. That is all. "

9 Likes