The Nazification of America

Sure, but ffs – Greys Anatomy, anyone? This is not a new concept.

10 Likes

It is, if you’re a hateful bigot who’s still mentally living in the year 1960…

12 Likes
6 Likes

So the Brown Shits Shirts whatevs are getting bolder.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Thread.

https://twitter.com/deerfats/status/1073348958746001409?s=21

10 Likes

Did I mention in another thread that these people are PURE EVIL??

7 Likes

I can’t read the thread. It says the tweets are protected.

3 Likes

Same

4 Likes

I read it earlier. Maybe they found the thread was attracting too many people of the sort he said were influencing his little brother. There were some replies about that when I was reading it.

Basically his 12yo neither has soaked up all the right wing name-calling: racist slurs, calling anyone who challenges him on that an SJW snowflake resister blah blah blah.

They’re preying on a pre-teen’s need for group identity, teaching him certain stuff is “just jokes”, in-group stuff… until of course he gets older and it isn’t.

My one red flag here is that legally, in the US (where they seem to be) there is no freaking way a 12yo kid can have their own unfettered on-line presence. You have to be 13 for that. 12 is where you want your parents spying on you, at least under normal circumstances (ie: assuming your parents aren’t an issue themselves).

No way that kid should be online gaming etc without a parent reviewing what’s going on.

10 Likes

Legally. Such things are easily worked around, however. Or Mom and Dad aren’t paying attention because he’s not so stupid as to say things around them. Or both.

Twelve-year-old kids get up to far more than we think.

10 Likes
7 Likes

As long as the individual components are not connected, each measure is also, in and by itself, not enough to create a sense of alarm, let alone urgency, among the citizenry and internal organizations.

I wish they’d give more examples, e.g., relevant to the US.

3 Likes
6 Likes

If anyone cares, I still had it open in another tab.

4 Likes
6 Likes

The alt-right took these strategies straight from the neo-nazis in the 80s and 90s, who used music as a recruitment tool… It’s entirely unsurprising that this continues via online culture.

8 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes