The Nazification of America

The head of my grad program is on the board of that church. We had a lengthy email exchange on the subject. It’s really the whole reason I left Alabama and will not go back. People with power just do not see how they abuse it.

14 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

lice

11 Likes

The reports are heartbreaking. How can we treat people this way? And the reports focus on the children, because obviously it is inhumane to separate children from their parents and to deny them sleep and food and basic sanitation, but the adults must also be in equally deplorable conditions, and unable to care for their babies. It is a shame on our nation.

15 Likes
10 Likes

Not too long ago you could have put this in a comedy and everyone would have agreed it’s absurd.

13 Likes

They are so desperate to start their civil war LARP.

12 Likes

The Oregon Senate did this to themselves by making cloture require ⅗ of the votes but quorum require ⅔ of the butts in the chairs. Any time one party has a majority between those two ratios, the minority can’t filibuster by prolonging debate but it can filibuster by not showing up.

9 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

More on the census:

6 Likes

Because of this administration, we’re going to need a lot of new laws passed. Laws that would have been unnecessary if they simply behaved decently.

9 Likes

I sincerely hope you get a chance to pass them soon.

10 Likes

We need to do it retroactively. Except I guess that won’t happen.

My ideal scenario:

Because the Russians helped elect Trump, with his apparent acceptance of it, it is considered an act of war. Thus EVERYTHING that the government did during his term is null and void – all executive orders are overturned, all regulations changed are nullified, all laws signed by him are thrown out, all judges from the Supreme Court down to justices of the peace are kicked out of office, and trump and everyone who co-conspired with him put in jail for treason.

Oh well fun to dream.

10 Likes

That makes total sense to me but… yeah. What you said.

6 Likes

41%20PM

It’s supposed to belong to the people.

11 Likes

nazis’ token gay vietnamese blogger got booped with vegan milkshakes after spending an entire afternoon trying to pick fights, now Jake Tapper’s carrying his water. twitter nazis claim that the milkshakes contained “quick-dry cement” (despite, you know, milkshakes being high in sugar, which prevents cement from forming)

EDIT:
cops literally were just blindly claiming this anonymous email was evidence of a “wide conspiracy” to maim the alt-reich

EDIT EDIT:

local collective who made the vegan milkshakes posts recipe and behind the scenes on the refreshing drink

9 Likes

remember, folks, this is the same Portland Police that employs actual Nazi Mark Kruger as head of Vice.

9 Likes