The Pets Thread

That’s a sweet little spud y’all got there. Very pretty, and looks right at home.

7 Likes

That’s actually what the shelter had named her; my kid thought it was hilarious and opted not to change it.

Of course I just call her Tater for short, as in:

Grazie, she seems to be settling in well.

12 Likes

If anyone asks where Grazie comes from, just say “Idano.”

8 Likes

Here’s a picture of Lucy and Tabitha not long after they were adopted. They were about 5 months old. They look like bobbleheads to me as if their bodies haven’t quite grown to match the size of their heads.

13 Likes

Dogs do this so much.

When ours is given a new treat for the first time his reaction is to take it off into the downstairs office to ensure nobody else gets it. Eventually it’s downgraded to eat from dish status.
Soya yoghurt presented an insoluble problem.

4 Likes

Alas, 2018 did not start smoothly. Two trips to the vet on Jan 2 and 3. First, Dyson needed dental work due to an abscess (fortunately he let us know by suddenly holding his mouth open and drooling). Now on antibiotics for two weeks, and no dry food or treats. Here’s Dyson in a happier time:

Then Talia started limping and holding a paw up. We took her in and the vet found inflammation between the toes and palm (?) of her paw, probably due to an initial cut or something and then the inevitable incessant licking. Got a shot of antibiotic and now gets powder for her paw. And she’s sporting a cone of shame for a week (which I hesitate to show to avoid offending her sensibilities). Poor thing!

15 Likes

Poor sweeties! I do hope they feel better soon.

Also, Dyson’s tummy floof is really quite impressive. And this is a comment directly from the house of floof.

Iris hopes they feel better too.

13 Likes

Aw, thank you, and thank Iris too. They’s got good tummy floof. Alas Dyson’s is out of bounds, unless you desire limb amputation.

4 Likes

George has been feeling melancholy since the weather has been bad. Poor George.

14 Likes

we were just discussing this today – our indoor kitties get winter blues/cabin fever, too. even though they don’t go outside, they still desperately miss open windows and the entertainment and information they bring. not sure what to do about it, either. i’ve been researching DIY cat wheels lately…

8 Likes

A momentary truce as the temperature plummeted

12 Likes

Yes, even at night my two cats jockey for position at the corner of the bed in front of the space heater. Sometimes there’s a fight at 3 am.

8 Likes

We have a wren in our garden. I am told that they are solitary birds except when it gets very cold, when up to 50 at a time may huddle in a hole in a tree or similar for warmth. It makes sense from a natural selection point of view.

Belated I ask if Dyson is so named due to encompassing all sources of energy or due to vacuuming up any food going?

6 Likes

Funny! A friend suggested the name, partly in jest as it fit into a concatenation of our then cats Sonatina and Alizarin names to make DySonAlly. But being science & sf fans we liked it for the astronomical reference. And we once had part of an ad from for the appliance on the fridge.

6 Likes

The latest pics of Luke:

!

16 Likes

He’s a feline version of Ryan Gosling!

giphy

6 Likes

So I found an old restaurant chair to use in the studio so Tasha could have “her” chair all to herself.
Nope. She wants to sit on my lap. Here, while I am painting, and not really any other time.

12 Likes

Luke on my lap. When he moved, there was a teeny-tiny puddle of drool on my leg!

10 Likes

one of our cats, Nora, gets all drooly when she’s super happy and relaxed. it’s disgusting. i’ve looked it up, and it’s apparently not all that unusual. take it as a sign that your kitty is super comfortable, trusts you, and is completely relaxed.

8 Likes

One of our cats drools when petted sometimes. It’s cute, till she shakes her head and it flies off into my eye. This really happened. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes