The Pets Thread

Interesting – we had friends growing up who had some applehead Siamese (were there even the skinny faced kind then?) one of which lived to 22. I wonder if it’s a genetic thing. Wow, two whole data points!

5 Likes

Catpti…er, I mean, caption this!

8 Likes

Hey… I’m sleeping here!

8 Likes

Luke not sleeping.

9 Likes

The tuft on his back is from when he had an I.V. saline bag when he we took him to the vet, as he had an upper-respiratory infection and was dehydrated when we adopted him as a kitten.

10 Likes

Love the top view!

8 Likes

I know! So fluffy! @Lucy_Gothro give him a scritch from me!

8 Likes

I wish I had a decent camera and memory on this junk phone I’m using. Ruby is practically flipping out while playing, doing backflips and parkour-ing off the walls.

ETA: She firmly believes that backing up one stair gives her more springiness. I’ll give her backing up the wall, though.

5 Likes

A post shared by theoatmeal (@theoatmeal) on Mar 3, 2018 at 9:21am PST

4 Likes

Reposting from BB:

WallCat, aka Lucky. Originally my brother’s cat. Too clever for his own good. Voracious appetite - once ate a bird whole in front of me.

11 Likes

Today’s Luke. My son put him up on that stepstool, and now he jumps up there himself.

11 Likes

Tabitha and Lucy

16 Likes

Ah’m in LURRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVV!

5 Likes

I moved the fireplace to under the dining room table, and guess who sleeps in it now?

11 Likes

That triggers a memory – when I was a kid we spent three years in Hawaii, and, of course, our rented house had no chimney to hang the stockings with care for Christmas. So we got a cardboard one as a substitute.

Haven’t thought of that in like half a century . . .

Is that what that is? Or am I misinterpreting the image totally?

8 Likes

something like this?

13 Likes

Yeah! Except it didn’t have the chimney, just the fake fireplace & mantle piece.

9 Likes

Sears

7 Likes

Yep, it’s cardboard, reinforced with corrugated, and folded so it will stand, modified by me.

9 Likes

I like what you did with the fire itself!

9 Likes