The Pets Thread

Luke is a dignified and handsome gentleman. Also very very cute :smile:

7 Likes

More Luke, from about a half-an-hour ago. I couldnā€™t resist, due to dat paw.

10 Likes

Something happened this morning I had to relateā€¦

I guess Iā€™ve had Ruby and Tasha for about two years now, and the transition from stray-mentality to housecat-mentality has been a slow process for Tasha. Sure ā€“ she sits with me often, but I generally think itā€™s more about a warm lap than about displays of affection, which Ruby does frequently.

However, it was a decent morning this morningā€¦not cold, and Tasha got up from her favorite spot (my chair), crept over to the bed and climbed in next to me to lay down and go to sleep. Iā€™m telling you, this was monumental. Iā€™m no longer just a heating pad to her. :heart_eyes_cat:

17 Likes

Some photos of the little guy. Heā€™s decided the other dogs are okay (and fun to run with in the back yard), and the humans are okay but still a little bit scary. Still kind of contrary though.

11 Likes

Yesterday, Ernie was climbing all over me, so I put him in my vest and he went to sleep, and I was able to get some work done.

16 Likes

That face!!! Soooo cute.

8 Likes

The cat is IN the bag, and thatā€™s no Indian in the cupboard.

And yes, if I ever use those pie plates, I will wash them thoroughly beforehand, lol.

11 Likes

11 Likes

ā€œNot Imprest.ā€

7 Likes

Iā€™m fairly certain I lived in at least one house growing up with that exact flooring.

5 Likes

The bag photo was taken on the back porch, the cabinet photo in the kitchen. Which flooring?

5 Likes

Oh, the kitchen photo.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I have, too. And that Iā€™ve rehearsed for theatre in an old church hall that had the same pattern as well.

6 Likes

It must have been popular in the mid-centuryā€¦ Likely the first wave of vinyl flooring that hit the market and can still be found in older buildings.

6 Likes

Itā€™s self adhesive, and each square is a 2 x 2 of the patterned squares.

I have LAID that exact flooring!

9 Likes

It was still in the upstairs bathroom of a place I lived in ten years ago.

7 Likes

Unless they have really short hair it can be really hard to tell what kind of junk they have unless you start pulling up their skirts (which they generally donā€™t like all that much).

Plus Bert could just be short for Alberta or Roberta.

6 Likes

Tabitha has a swolen lower lip and has been on antibiotics and anti-inflamatory drugs. We think she was bitten by and/or ate a bug and had a reaction. As a result sheā€™s had some indigestion and has just been kind of restless the past couple of days. Itā€™s also been hot which hasnā€™t been helping. So hereā€™s a picture of her being particularly cat-like while napping earlier today.

12 Likes

She does look pretty relaxed there.
Poor puddy cat. Hope she gets well soon.

6 Likes

Thanks - Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll be fine. It bothers us a lot more than her. This happened last summer as well and after about a week her lip was back to normal.

Itā€™s been hot weā€™ve had the windows open more which even with screens increases the chance of bugs getting in, and she likes to murder things. Itā€™s also possible a bug or flea or something was tracked in from outside that got her.

7 Likes