The Pets Thread

A little late with the Cinco de Mayo pics…

11 Likes

My kitteh Beignet has a cardinal friend that flies up onto the railing of our catio and chitter chatters with him.

8 Likes

White powdered sugar…excellent name choice!

8 Likes

5 Likes

Bert, out front, and Ernie, checking things out from behind. They are orphans, and the idea is that they are here temporarily until I can find them a nice permanent home. The trouble is that I’m a work-at-home introvert who abhors fcebook. Who already has 5 cats. So, I gotta figure some shit out.

In the mean time, KITTENS!

Bert, posing with my Orbiting Death shirt, chilling.

Ernie gets around.

17 Likes

Fat Kitten Tummy!

I think that Bert might be a girl, and Ernie is probably a boy. I have a history of not getting this right, but Bert and Ernie are cute names, and why does gender matter with cats that are going to be neutered anyway?

15 Likes

A friend in college, Roberta, went by Bert. So there’s precedent.
Cute kitten. Matches the leggings.

7 Likes

If anyone gives me grief (unlikely) I’ll tell them that their government names are Roberta and Ernesto, but they go by Bert and Ernie.

10 Likes

And if you have them backwards, just switch the -o and the -a.

5 Likes

Ruby was sitting in my lap as we were sweltering in today’s heat, and I was allowing her to “clean” my chest, as I am almost as furry as her. Then she crossed the nipple.

YEEEEOOOOW. That is all.

12 Likes

Tongue barbs not your friend?

5 Likes

50 grit? Yeooow is right.

6 Likes

We’re temporarily keeping my spouse’s aunt’s chihuhua/Chinese crested mix, Yankee. (Who I keep wanting to call Dixie for some reason…)

So far, he hates our dogs (even our pitbull is terrified of him). He hates us. He also hates being left alone. He is just a little weird-looking wispy cloud of hate.

7 Likes

Wire brush?

Yesterday, I got up from my desk to pee, or get a coffee or something. When I got back, this little stinker had usurped my chair. I didn’t know Bert could jump that high. She’s quite the little acrobat.

Finding a home for these guys is going to be tough. I don’t know very many people, plus they are getting really attached to me. And, in fairness, I’m getting attached to them.

But, seven is a large number of cats for one household. 7:2 is crazy cat people territory, and the feline society is a bit on edge with the refugees.

But they are sweet, and deserve nice lives. What kind of asshole turns away orphan refugees? (I know exactly what kind… if we’re talking about people, but that’s OT.)

But one of them pissed in my battery backup under my desk.

But they are so fucking cute! And kitten pee doesn’t stink the way adult cat pee does.

I mean, look at these angelic little faces:

11 Likes

Just look at Ernie’s little face. It kills me.

15 Likes

I forgot to tell you: Luke turned 18 on the 11th.

13 Likes

You’re sunk. Got bit by the cutie kitten bug.

10 Likes

Amazing. A well loved and cared for kitteh.

10 Likes

He’s a lucky boy!

4 Likes