The Pets Thread

Currently babysitting an elderly little dog named Sake:

He’s a survivor; a German Shepherd tried to eat him when he was a puppy, and almost succeeded. He’s had a wonky leg his whole life due to that.

But he’s on the final stretch now. He’s almost completely blind and has difficulty righting himself if he falls over; I have to put him back on his feet a few times a day.

The poor little dude probably only has a few weeks left. I’ll miss him. :slightly_frowning_face:

19 Likes

What a good doggo!!! 16/10, would cuddle!!!

9 Likes

Enjoy each other while you can.

9 Likes

I’m sure you’re making his remaining time as sweet as you can.

9 Likes
13 Likes

Wow. So cool.

4 Likes

And they are almost always sterile. They are often quite handsome too.

5 Likes

This actually reminds me of an interesting chart I found a while back while discussing cat coloring and genetics that breaks down how it all works for torties (a calico is a tortie with an additional piebalding gene expression that adds white patches):

11 Likes

This naughty little fuzzbutt caught a cardinal. Not yet dead, but screaming it’s head off, he brought it in the house. He let it go, and it couldn’t really fly, but did attempt an escape.

I’m pretty squeamish, and was dreading having to pick up a not-quite-dead bird. But, he caught it again, and I put them both outside. I cannot imagine the bird made it, and there are feathers on the carpet.

He’s a smug little murderous floof.

13 Likes

I did want to mention that he doesn’t always complete the attempted murder. The day before Easter, he brought in a small rabbit, but we caught it and let it go (while Manny Pearl was locked in the bathroom) so Mr. Bunny got to live another day. Manny was pissed.

9 Likes

You can’t get mad at a face like that!

6 Likes

He really is ridiculously good looking, but he can’t read good (with apologies to Zoolander).

9 Likes

But those piercing blue eyes! Surely he’s a genius!

5 Likes

He finagled himself a couple of human servants, and a second-to-the-top spot in the household feline pecking order, despite being the youngest of the 5, so you might be right.

8 Likes

Sake just died.

16 Likes

Sorry to hear that! :cry:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry!

5 Likes

Farewell, Sake.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hugs…

10 Likes

12 Likes