The Pets Thread

Luke, just a few minutes ago.

10 Likes

this guy was doodling around the park yesterday.

not sure if the pic does it justice, the orange was neon-bright, which is why I could see it. from head to end of the body It’s probably only the size of a quarter.

9 Likes

Orange and black, not much white . . . It’s a tortoiseshell.

1 Like

i thought that it wasn’t so much the coloring as it was the gender: Torties are female, calicos are male. no?

2 Likes

I don’t think so; male cats can be either orange (+/- white) or black (+/- white); they can’t be both orange and black (+/- white).

Calico and tortoiseshell are both female colorations.

6 Likes

welp, there goes another bit of incorrect info i need to forget and rewrite in my head, argh

4 Likes

You need one X chromosome per color (orange or black) so generally you can only get both with two X’s, and that’s female.

There are rare cases when a male has, say XXY, and ends up male but with both colors.

Then there are cases where the human thinks their male but they are really female. :smiley:

6 Likes

More of Luke from Monday, 3/11/19

8 Likes

6 Likes

He’s not, actually. And he’s only allowably cuddly when he wishes to be.

5 Likes

Dear Diary: I have decided to plead with the authorities to rub my belly. I think it will do me good in my current condition. I would like to receive two rubs exactly. A third one, and I will bite the shit out of them as per protocol. Wish me luck.

9 Likes

Here’s my landlord’s son’s new dog, Palomo. Such a sweetheart.

9 Likes

I read that as Potato.

Just got up.

5 Likes

Well, I guess you could shorten it to Papa (potato in espanol).

I’m going to try and capture some video later when it’s sunny.

4 Likes

He’s really cute! Cute as a pot button.

3 Likes

Yeah, still not a “dog person”, but totally worried about his living situation here. He’s very smart, too.

5 Likes

Oh dear. That’s too bad!

2 Likes

Every good boy deserves a decent doghouse, yes? Especially if they’re not allowed in the people house.

7 Likes

I see a project simmering.

4 Likes

UPDATE: Aaaaaand he’s gone. I think the landlord’s son didn’t think about the responsibility of cleaning up poop, so Palomo’s gone somewhere else. Personally, I’m glad. Palomo doesn’t deserve to live amidst the scrap and junk here.

6 Likes