The Pets Thread

I just saw this - please accept my sincere condolences. <3

5 Likes

Note the extreme close-up;

12 Likes

Not really a pet. There are 3 that know me, this one was not gonna let me get too close but it is good weather to spoil them with kitty kibble.

16 Likes

You…you are their pet.

11 Likes

But they are not kitties. I started feeding them specifically after I noticed them finishing up the kibble from a now gone kitty who wanted to be outside as much as possible. She would come in at night, mostly, and request to go out for litterbox trips even in the rain.

5 Likes

Looks like a crow? If so, smarter than a kitty (much as it pains me to say that). Probably smarter than humans about some things, too.

3 Likes

You’re still their pet.

5 Likes

Indeed it is. There are 3 that hang around nearish during the day and know I am a total softy that will feed them.
Corvids in general are amazing smart creatures.

Let just say they have me trained.

9 Likes

A friend of mine in Oz sent me this book:

I think I’ll read it again.

9 Likes

Luke, about a half-hour ago.

13 Likes

I had half a dozen tree rats out on the deck this morning. They know a sucker, so I went out to feed them and two of them didn’t even run too far away.

No pics of this morning, but here is a fluffy one from this weekend.

10 Likes

Vould zee zhentleman like a thin way-fair?

7 Likes

aww, that’s not fair – he’s puffed up because it’s probably cold!

5 Likes

Yes, it was cold.

No, that is not all fur.

5 Likes

Nutty is awful cute, tho. (We call 'em Nutty in our neighborhood.)

1 Like

9 Likes

if i fits, i sits!

9 Likes

“Frah-gee-lee…it must be Italian!”

10 Likes

Speaking of foreign languages . . .

I distinctly heard Talia say “mow-oon-blet” right after eating. The m, n, b, and t were faint, as cats don’t articulate those letters clearly, but the L was very distinct–I suspect due to licking her lips while speaking.

She says very weird things.

ETA: Being a Russian blue may have something to do with it, maybe.

8 Likes

It really blew my mind when they were on The Colbert Report – halfway through the interview I realized The Colbert Report was exactly like a hoax talk show that Devo would have invented in order to be guests on, and also Devo was exactly like a hoax band that The Colbert Report would have invented in order to have on the show. It was like an infinite regress of ironic deconstruction.

7 Likes