The Pets Thread

Every once and a while I feel like reptilian pets need to be represented, so here is Petunia first overwhelming a mouse and then after positioning it correctly – head first, so the nape of the fur goes down smoothly instead of acting like a brake – starting its journey down the path to digestion.

Blurred, because I know it’s one of the most primal phobias for some people…

7 Likes

She really is a very sweet snek. It’s not her fault that the ONLY food a snake like her can eat is small rodents.

8 Likes

And very pretty, too!

My cats bring in an average of 3 field mice or voles a week, some dead, some living. The ones we can catch alive get another chance to run free and a mini lecture about avoiding cats. I’m significantly less distressed by rodent murder / rodent as food, than I used to be.

4 Likes

I love snakes!

3 Likes

Like, is there even Purina Snake Chow, right?

4 Likes

Does it wriggle?

2 Likes

I don’t even know if it exists.

1 Like

How embarrassing, to be eaten by an orange snake!

Oh well. Snakes eat rats. It is the way of the world.

3 Likes

It does not!

1 Like

I know. Can’t even IMagine a snake eating kibble.

2 Likes

They murdered my monstera

7 Likes

Only room for two, apparently.

2 Likes

They did this to my dracnea, too. But seem to be giving the dog a wide berth?

3 Likes

The plants aren’t as scary as the dog?

2 Likes

The solution is more dogs. The biggest possible. They’ll be spooning in no time.
#worstadviceIcangive

3 Likes

I wanted puppies! But the kids wanted kittens. But I guess this works out. They’re black and grey, just like the dogs were. And I’m not sure I’m ready for a new dog after my dog died two years ago. Might as well do something different.

4 Likes

Could they be getting their revenge for running the evil, loud sucky machine near them?

4 Likes

We didn’t actually run it. My son just likes pushing it.

Toddlers.

4 Likes

Auntie Liz gets an evil, brilliant idea of a gift to send:

Mwah-ha-ha!

(Trust me, you will tear your hair out at the sound after a while!)

8 Likes

Honestly, he’s such a massive chonk of a todlord that I just give him the big vaccuum. As the baby vet puts it, “Just a big kid you got there.”

6 Likes