The Pets Thread

Happy Dance!

I’m guessing your birb is smaller.

3 Likes

In this case, it was noticeable, because the eyelids were red and swollen. But I think it (probably) wasn’t an infection, since there wasn’t any discharge, and the swelling went down relatively quickly. I figure he probably scratched himself, or got an irritant in his eye. He seems back to normal now, thank goodness!

@Lucy_Gothro1: Yup, much smaller! :rofl: The breed is larger than a parakeet, slightly smaller than a cockatiel. Here’s a stock picture for reference, since Krackle likes to attack my phone instead of posing:

8 Likes

yeah, sounds like maybe a scratch or maybe a stye or something. glad he’s on the mend!

3 Likes

my large lads

8 Likes

Okay, the lady looks like she’s being controlled by the bird - YAY!

2 Likes

Why animals are better than people:

1. They don’t try to squash you down to make themselves feel better about themselves.
  2. They don’t spout misinformation and lies.
  3. They let you know right away if they like you or dislike you - no fake friendship with them.
  4. They don’t try to sell you anything.
  5. Their diversity is mind-boggling.
  6. They are just plain wonderful.
6 Likes

Yeah, cats at least are completely honest. Sometimes painfully so!

3 Likes

Yes, but sometimes my cats do lie. Like, Manny Pearl regularly tells me that he’s starving and desperately needs me to open a can of food for him because he can’t even remember the last time he had anything to eat. He’s doing it right now, as a matter of fact, not one hour from the last time he tried to pull this bullshit on me. He’s not starving, I promise.

But, other than that, he’s an honest dude.

Factcheck: TRUE!

4 Likes

That’s not lying - that’s part of being a cat. Trust me on this one.

3 Likes

yeah, i think of it like, from their perspective, that was AGES ago. SO LONG AGO.

4 Likes

OK, less outright lie and more like emotional manipulation multiplied by fast metabolism. I’ll give you that one.

4 Likes

Not just cats, of course…

Dog: I am starving.
Me: Actually, no. You aren’t starving. You get two very good meals a day. And treats. And Best Beloved fed you extra food while I was gone.
Dog: STARVING.
Me: I saw you get fed not four hours ago! You are not starving .
Dog: Pity me, a sad and tragic creature, for I can barely walk, I am so starving. WOE.
Me: I am now ignoring you.
Dog: STARVING.
Dog: Did you hear me? I am starving.

(from “I Has a Sweet Potato”, which I linked to …just last year? But it feels like so much longer!)

8 Likes

I miss Luke SO MUCH.

4 Likes

<Hugs.>

3 Likes

lost girl hug now

3 Likes

From 2007, when my son and I lived in an apartment. My brother took them originally, and after Luke died gave me these prints.

8 Likes

Cute!
I’m always amazed at how cats can unhinge their jaws and swallow a pig. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

The hail and rain we’ve gotten since I carved and placed Luke’s grave marker has taken their toll on the wood (well, it was just a silverware box lid), so I decided to fill in the carved parts with nail polish (Sinful brand; Copper Pot was used for the lettering, I Miss You (!) for the heart).

And that sunshine makes it look deceptively warm - there’s a cold wind out thar; my hands were shaking from cold more than anxiety/caffiene, LOL!

6 Likes

I was sitting on the couch, on my laptop, avoiding sleep, when I hear a sort of slap sound from the vivarium near me. I look over to find this:

Just hanging out, as you do…

7 Likes

I didn’t let them murder a birb that flew out of the chimney, so they’re comforting each other. On my grant proposal.

edit: wrong cutesy mispelling of bird.

11 Likes